Windows 10: Black Screen Cursor HELP

Discus and support Black Screen Cursor HELP in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So i have the black screen of death, ive tried safe mode i cant open task manager or cmd or anything... I know how it happened I wanted to run a exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StopAsking, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Black Screen Cursor HELP

So i have the black screen of death, ive tried safe mode i cant open task manager or cmd or anything... I know how it happened I wanted to run a exe but required a file to be in the c drive and since my c drive was full so i changed my c to d and my f to c using an application and now i cant boot SOMEONE HELP?

:)

StopAsking, Aug 15, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Aug 15, 2020
  3. drreflex Win User
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN AN ONGOING ISSUE WITH WINDOWS 10.

Below is a Microsoft Knoledge Base entry from April of this year.

httpw://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3055414

"The lock screen in Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 might appear as a black screen with a mouse cursor
    Symptoms

When you sign out of Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 10061 and return to the lock screen, you might see only a black screen with a responsive mouse cursor. Pressing the Alt+Tab keys or the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys has no visible effect.
    Workaround

If you are experiencing this issue, follow these steps to sign into Windows:

At the black screen, press the Ctrl key once on an attached physical keyboard. (You won’t see any visible change, but pressing the Ctrl key will place the cursor in the password box that you’re currently not able to see.)

Now type the password of the user that just signed out and press Enter.This will sign you back into Windows and the desktop will appear.

If you failed to sign in because you mistyped the password, press Enter once more. Then retype the password and press Enter." ...

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE INSTALLING WINDOWS 10. AFTER ENTERING YOUR PASSWORD, THE CURSOR SHOULD VANISH FOR SEVERAL MINUTES WHILE WINDOWS COMPLETES THE INSTALL SETUP. MY COMPUTER, A FAST ALIENWARE, TOOK ABOUT FIVE MINUTES TO COMPLETE THE SETUP AND THEN THE WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP APPEARED.

drreflex, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Black Screen Cursor HELP

Black screen at initial startup, no cursor

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check the status of the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen Cursor HELP

1. Black Screen Cursor HELP - Similar Threads - Black Screen Cursor

2. Need help with Black Screen and cursor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with Black Screen and cursor.: So pretty much ever since I restarted my computer one day, I can not get to the windows login screen. The monitor was working just fine so it can’t be that. When ever I restart cpu it goes to a black screen with a disappearing and reappearing mouse cursor. Ctrl alt dlt or and...
  3. Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help my laptop is on black screen with no cursor: This started when I clicked go back to previous build. And after it boots into windows but it's just a black screen with no cursor. But when I connect a usb. The notification sound can be heard. Can anyone help submitted by /u/ThisIsSparta__300 [link] [comments]...
  4. Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen W/Cursor Help Please.: I came home from Thanksgiving day dinner only to have a Black screen with a cursor and I have tried almost all the repair options I could find on the net. My main problem is I have not task manager that will come up or when trying the safe mode option all I see is still the...
  5. Black screen with cursor help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor help: Hello! Today I had this issue when starting up my laptop. When I first opened it there was something like an update going on which I have never seen before,it was not in the windows theme it was in the black screen with the computer's brand logo(Asus in this case). I didn't...
  6. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  7. Guys help please! Black screen with cursor!

in Windows 10 Support
    Guys help please! Black screen with cursor!: First of all, sorry if I'm writing this in the wrong thread. NOTE: i am using a samsung laptop. I was using Windows 10 for quite some time now but recently it started showing that my disk is at 100. Okay. I started a disk checkup and it got stuck at 12%. I restarted my...
  8. Black screen with cursor problem. Need Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor problem. Need Help: Ok. I need some help. I don't know really anything about computers. My daughters computer crashed. Its a Dell Inspiron 1545. I can F2 to the bios screen, but no where can I even find the operating system in the BIOS. The trouble started one morning when we tried to boot it...
  9. Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor PLEASE HELP: Okay so I'm panicking a bit here. Installed the 'Windows 10 Login Screen Changer' that I found on this forum, clicked 'change background' and bam...black screen. I turned the computer off and on again and still black screen with a Cursor. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing. My...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...