Windows 10: Black Screen Delay Before Login

Discus and support Black Screen Delay Before Login in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; **link to video of my issue at bottom** I built my first pc. I upgraded to an aio from an air cooler and after putting everything back together, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Koulae, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Koulae Win User

Black Screen Delay Before Login

**link to video of my issue at bottom**

I built my first pc. I upgraded to an aio from an air cooler and after putting everything back together, I get a long black screen before i get to the login screen. It takes almost a minute before i get to the login screen. It used to only take 3-5 seconds for that screen to come up. I have Windows 10 Pro living on an m.2 so it should be pretty quick.

Troubleshooting steps i have tried:

- used a different monitor

- Used differemt display port cable

- Used hdmi

- Reseated gpu

- Reseated RAM

- Reinstalled graphics driver

- Checked bios for initial display output

- Checked boot order

- Restored to a previous backup point

- Uninstalled a program that goes along with aio evga flow control

- Disabled all start up apps

- Unplugged all peripherals except mouse

- Checked for updates and everything is up to date

I couldn't boot in safe mode because once i get to the bootup options, my keyboard doesn't work for some reason so i can't select one.

Nothing has worked so far and it is super annoying. Any help is appreciated!

Here's a video to my issue since i can't upload one onto here:

https://youtu.be/oDFNDZWqSUQ

:)

Koulae, Mar 25, 2021
  2. zinou Win User

After POST, Extended Black Screen Delay Before Windows Login

I think your slow login is caused by the fact that Windows is making too much time to load your user profil, probably because of your Webroot antivirus !

Black Screen Delay Before Login [​IMG]

the logon phase took 37s

when looking at the call stacks for details, you can see that the system is loading the user profile (duration = 36s)
    and at some point in the stack the webroot AV is doing some scanning stuff !

What you can do:
    • Create a new user and try to log in your system with that user profil to see if you notice the same delay;
    • empty the Temporary folder inside your profile [c:\users\your_user_name\Appdata\Local\Temp]; I've seem many logon delays caused by a voluminous Temp folder.

I hope this will help.

zinou, Mar 25, 2021
  3. zinou Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

Ok, let the powershell command run overnight
    If the command didn't solve the problem, the try these steps in order:

1. Disable superfetch service
      • Empty the following folder c:\Windows\Prefetch\
      • Restart the computer
      • Si ça ne marche pas, passer à l'étape 2;
    2. Disable the AppXSvc from the registry: change the "Start" key value from 3 to 4 (see the screenshot)

zinou, Mar 25, 2021
  4. mora67 Win User

5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

After overnight looks

mora67, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

1. Black Screen Delay Before Login - Similar Threads - Black Screen Delay

2. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  3. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  4. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Delay before Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delay before Windows login screen: This started recently on both desktop and laptop. I imagine it's some software I either installed or updated, but can't seem to figure it out. After BIOS screen and boot, when display would [normally] immediately go to Windows 10 login, it hangs on black screen (monitors...
  6. After POST, Extended Black Screen Delay Before Windows Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After POST, Extended Black Screen Delay Before Windows Login: Hello, I'm running a new install of Windows 10 Pro, 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). Windows is booting from NVME (WD SN850), which is setup correctly in the BIOS. At boot, the ASUS logo pops up, the Windows "circle of dots" spins for a moment, and then the screen goes dark for...
  7. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  8. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login: Hi, I have a desktop PC, about 6 years old, running Windows 10. In the last few days, it was coming up with a black screen showing the curser only, randomly, after being used for a short while nothing specifc seemed to trigger it, I was just browsing the Internet or...
  9. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login: Build 1903 During computet action: restore point restorin pc registry files message Hard shoutdown preformed! Now computer has black screen after boot! No sign in loaded Harddrivr LED blinking Is there a way to fix!...
  10. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...