Windows 10: Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

Discus and support Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Yesterday I turned on my laptop and all I could see is a black screen. I searched the internet and tried creating "explorer.exe" task... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Muiz Ahmed, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I turned on my laptop and all I could see is a black screen. I searched the internet and tried creating "explorer.exe" task using Task Manager. Turns out it doesn't work in my case. All I could see after creating the task was an even more annoying flashing taskbar. I opened other programs such as "Chrome" and "Microsoft Word" using "Create new task" option. Everything seems to be working fine, as each of those programs got opened. The only issue is I can't see my desktop or taskbar and when I login, I only see a black screen.

Hopefully, someone can help.

Thanks

:)

Muiz Ahmed, Dec 17, 2019

2. my screen turns black and the taskbar disappears

Original title: black screen

After many hours of operation, my screen turns black and the taskbar disappears.

RalphColon, Dec 17, 2019
  3. Black screen popping up and disappearing

Hi Ali,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues wit black screen after upgrading to Windows 10, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop?
    • How have you upgraded to Windows 10?
    • Were you able to see any error message with respect to this issue?

The black screen issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing drivers for display adapter while upgrading to Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the steps in the Microsoft article check if it helps.

Refer: Troubleshoot black screen problems

As you facing black screen issue before Sign-in, click on Black screen and not signed in to Windows 10.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you better.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 17, 2019
  4. Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

The taskbar on the desktop of my windows 10 PC disappeared.

The taskbar disappeared from the desktop of my Windows 10 PC. I tried everything that was suggested to get it back, all to no avail. Most of them suggest that I should left click on the taskbar, which is impossible, since it disappeared. Can anybody
    help me?

PeterGabor1, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared)

1. Black Screen (Desktop & Taskbar disappeared) - Similar Threads - Black Screen Desktop

2. PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC loads to desktop with black screen and taskbar: Hello,Earlier in the week I had taken steps to improve the performance of Mortal Kombat 1 on my pc. I went about this by installing Process Lasso on my pc and changing the number of maximum cores active from 1 to 12. The pc had run fine over the next day or so, but when I...
  3. Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .: Wondering why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-on-top-of-screen-disappearing-from-desktop/6a894180-f53b-41fa-a838-fcbaf6b2beac
  4. Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .: Wondering why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-on-top-of-screen-disappearing-from-desktop/6a894180-f53b-41fa-a838-fcbaf6b2beac
  5. Taskbar on top of screen disappearing from desktop . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. No Desktop or Taskbar. Only a black screen with a cursor

No Desktop or Taskbar. Only a black screen with a cursor: After logging in to my account I am met with a black screen and a cursor and that's it. There are numerous solutions that I have looked into that didn't work. I am able to open task manager. The issue persists in Safe Mode. This issue is localised to one user account. The...
  7. Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen

in Windows 10 News
    Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen: [ATTACH]If, after a Windows Update or a Driver update, your Desktop and Taskbar keep refreshing with a black screen, then its a typical driver issue […] This article Desktop and Taskbar keeps refreshing with a black screen first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop and taskbar refreshing with a black screen: Hi, I got a problem with my laptop, the taskbar and desktop refreshes itself every 3 or 4 seconds and it shows a black screen in the process. With Ctrl alt del I have been able to open taskbar and it shows 50-90% cpu use I think the explorer.exe task also refreshes. This...
  9. Black desktop and taskbar

Black desktop and taskbar: My taskbar is gone and my desktop background is black now and keep refreshing. What shall I do ?? explorer.exe in cmd does not the solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-desktop-and-taskbar/c6468947-822b-41b3-9577-977d63b0ac85
  10. Desktop and Taskbar won't appear - Black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Desktop and Taskbar won't appear - Black screen: After performing the latest Windows Update, I restarted my computer and logged in with no problems at all (the login screen did appear). When it got to where the desktop should be, I was faced with a blank screen and a mouse cursor that I could move around. After playing...