Windows 10: Black screen dominates personalized screen requiring a reboot to restore personalized...

Discus and support Black screen dominates personalized screen requiring a reboot to restore personalized... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Black screen dominates personalized screen requiring a reboot to restore personalized screen - Is there a fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 1Andersong1, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Black screen dominates personalized screen requiring a reboot to restore personalized...

Black screen dominates personalized screen requiring a reboot to restore personalized screen - Is there a fix?

:)

1Andersong1, Oct 5, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Problems after upgrade to 1909.Black screen with Personalized Settings

From safe mode > contol + alt + del > switched user > Hi We have updates that might take several minutes > don't turn off your PC > Leave everything to us > Making sure everything is ready to go > These updates help protect you in an online world > black screen > contol + alt + del > attempted reboot safe mode with shift restart > displayed Someone is still using this PC. If you restart now, they could lose unsaved work > clicked switch user > displayed safe mode Build 18362.19h1_release.190318-1202 with black screen > control + alt + del > sign out > logon window > still displaying Someone else is still using this PC. If you restart now, they could lose unsaved work. > restart anyway (shift + restart) > opened Choose an option > selected turn off your PC.

Power on > hp icon > rotatin white dots on black background > blue background with please wait and rotating white dots > splash screen > clicked enter > logon screen > entered password > welcome with rotating white dots > black screen with Personalized Settings in left upper corner > when mouse is placed in the Personalized Settings box it changed to a rotating blue circle > control + alt + delete > shutdown

Booted using Kyhi boot rescue using F9 > Microsoft icon > desktop > opened this PC, control panel, and administrator command prompt

The switching of users made Personal Settings disappear followed by updates (not checked to see if any changes made) > switched users Personal Settings (not responding) reappeared with change of users

What other troubleshooting options are there?

Had you seen these troubleshooting steps for older Widows builds:
    How to fix Windows 10 personalized settings not responding - Win10 FAQ
    Steps 4 onward (registry steps)

What other troubleshooting steps?
    Anything with Kyhi boot rescue?

zbook, Oct 5, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Personalization Screen

When I go to Personalization/Lock Screen the pictures are real faint,like grayed out. Is this normal ? It will not let me change the picture here,is this normal. Thanks for any suggestion you may have.

Z

zplugger, Oct 5, 2020
  4. mh7mh7mh7 Win User

Black screen dominates personalized screen requiring a reboot to restore personalized...

Personal settings not responding and black screen

mh7mh7mh7, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

Black screen dominates personalized screen requiring a reboot to restore personalized...

1. Black screen dominates personalized screen requiring a reboot to restore personalized... - Similar Threads - Black screen dominates

2. PC freezes in personalization screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes in personalization screen: Reset PC deleted all files and installed windows locally, but when I get to the personalization part, it’s freezes, no matter if I’m on basic tab, network tab or account tab, I’ve noticed I can try to speed run through it but still freezes either way then crashes and I get a...
  3. PC freezes in personalization screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC freezes in personalization screen: Reset PC deleted all files and installed windows locally, but when I get to the personalization part, it’s freezes, no matter if I’m on basic tab, network tab or account tab, I’ve noticed I can try to speed run through it but still freezes either way then crashes and I get a...
  4. Can't personalize lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't personalize lock screen: why i cant, personalize my lock screen with my own background photo and profile picture. when i tried to change the background, it just keep spinning and nothing happen, even my microsoft account pp didn't show up...
  5. Boot and login screen personalization.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot and login screen personalization.: Hi there!I really want to know how to personalize or delete the dotted circle animation on the logon screen on my Windows 10 PC. I really miss the old boot bar in like Windows xp. Is there a way to change the dotted animation? I Know how to dig through files, so if you could...
  6. Personalize lock Screen

Personalize lock Screen: Question about Windows Spotlight. I am getting picture repeats, not all the time, but more frequently as time goes on. What this world doesn't have many new pictures to choose from? Why same pictures?...
  7. Lock Screen Personalization

Lock Screen Personalization: Hello. When I turned on my Windows 10 PC there was each day a different picture by Getty Images on my Start Screen and Lock screen. It was lovely and provided information on each landscape. Unfortunately, since yesterday, I no longer see different pictures, yet there appears...
  8. Personalized Setting Not Responding on black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Personalized Setting Not Responding on black screen: After kb4556799 update Windows 10 started getting black screen with "Personalized Settings Not Responding after Windows Sign In and neither Task Manager response nor can I start in Safe Mode. I deleted the "Latest Feature update" and "latest quality update" to no avail. I...
  9. Personalization Screen

Personalization Screen: When I go to Personalization/Lock Screen the pictures are real faint,like grayed out. Is this normal ? It will not let me change the picture here,is this normal. Thanks for any suggestion you may have. Z 22872
  10. Personalization Screen

Personalization Screen: Hello, On the Personalization settings screen, are 5 pictures to select one of them as desktop wallpaper. I want to delete / replace 2 of them but impossible - right click does not open any submenu. I tried to add (test) some picture, but the unwanted only moved 1 block...