Windows 10: Black Screen due to driver issues

Discus and support Black Screen due to driver issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there, So yesterday I updated my (very outdated) graphics driver to the latest version (previously on september 2018) and now I’ve blue screened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jim8ob714, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Jim8ob714 Win User

Black Screen due to driver issues

Hey there,

So yesterday I updated my (very outdated) graphics driver to the latest version (previously on september 2018) and now I’ve blue screened and get a black screen after I login. I have 1 program that boots on startup and that is the only thing that shows up other than my cursor. I’ve tried to get task manager up but it won’t appear. I then tried to go into safe mode to reinstall the driver but safe mode goes into the exact same state- black screen with cursor. I still can’t open anything. Does anyone have a solution?

:)

Jim8ob714, Oct 26, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Black screen issue

Hi Bojan,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Windows. We will help you.

Meanwhile to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer some below questions.

• Are you able to Boot till the login Screen?
    • Is there any cursor blinking right or left side of the display?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    This issue could occur due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. You can also check if detaching all other peripheral devices except for keyboard and mouse works out the issue. The issue (black screen) you’re facing could be most likely
    related to display drivers and could be resolved by updating the drivers. Without the correct driver, the hardware or device that you want to use won't work properly.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Sharath Srinivatava
    from the following link and check.

Refer:
    How to troubleshoot the Black Screen issue

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Black Screen due to driver issues - Similar Threads - Black Screen due

2. Black screen due to corrupted drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen due to corrupted drivers: Hello,Yesterday I did un update and after I restarted my laptop it went into black screen just after logging in. I am able to see the pointer and get into the task manager. However I have tried pressing shift+alt+win+B and I can hear the beep and I can see the pointer...
  3. Black screen due to corrupted drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen due to corrupted drivers: Hello,Yesterday I did un update and after I restarted my laptop it went into black screen just after logging in. I am able to see the pointer and get into the task manager. However I have tried pressing shift+alt+win+B and I can hear the beep and I can see the pointer...
  4. Black screen due to corrupted drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Resetted Window 10 due to driver issues now screen is black and more

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Resetted Window 10 due to driver issues now screen is black and more: So when I got this laptop it already had an account on it so I hard reset it to start fresh. Though I did it in a rush so some drivers weren't installed properly, I think. I couldn't open the start menu, it constantly crashed, I couldn't open photos. and I couldn't installed...
  6. Resetted Window 10 due to driver issues now screen is black and more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resetted Window 10 due to driver issues now screen is black and more: So when I got this laptop it already had an account on it so I hard reset it to start fresh. Though I did it in a rush so some drivers weren't installed properly, I think. I couldn't open the start menu, it constantly crashed, I couldn't open photos. and I couldn't installed...
  7. Resetted Window 10 due to driver issues now screen is black and more

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 screen flickering due to display driver issue

Windows 10 screen flickering due to display driver issue: Windows 10 screen flickering on Dell Laptop. Have previously updated and rolled back display driver and was fixed but last W/10 update defaulted driver and issue resumed, uninstalled display driver via windows instructions but did not work and roll back option not available...
  9. BSOD Due to Driver Issues

BSOD Due to Driver Issues: Hi MS Community, I've recently built a new PC for gaming and have encountered BSOD a few times this week. I ran driver verifier and my computer crashed on boot up, so I think it's safe to say this is a driver issue. I'm not sure how to read the DMP file, so I was hoping...
  10. black screen due to bad drivers from win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen due to bad drivers from win10: so after an update on windows 10 i have once more problems with the gpu drivers that windows 10 install automatically. And i said once more because that happened before with the creators update i think but i fixed it pretty easily (after a lot of searching) with an app from...