Windows 10: Black screen during game play and videos.

Discus and support Black screen during game play and videos. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I recently installed my new GTX 1050 Ti and updated it with all the latest drivers from the Nvidia website but for some reason my monitor keeps black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Parappa, May 1, 2017.

1. Parappa Win User

Black screen during game play and videos.

I recently installed my new GTX 1050 Ti and updated it with all the latest drivers from the Nvidia website but for some reason my monitor keeps black screening whenever I start up a game or go to watch a video on Youtube.

It's not too bad with the videos as it happens for about 1-2 seconds and may only occur a few times before stopping.

But I'm playing Rome Total War right now and the black screening just won't stop. It will either happen once every 10-20 seconds, or spam me completely so I am seeing more black screen than the actual game.

:)

Parappa, May 1, 2017
  2. ROK5TAR Win User

black screen after exiting a game (Windows 10 Pro)

Same thing happens to me tried playing heroes of the storm. Game mess up during game play and gives black screen.
    Black screen during game play and videos. [​IMG]

ROK5TAR, May 1, 2017
  3. Media Files (Videos, Games, etc.) Suddenly Stopped Working...

Everything was working fine on my HP laptop (I don't really remember the model), until one day I opened the game I used to play everyday (FIFA 17), the box opened, but instead of loading the game, there was just a black screen, nothing loaded. I rebooted,
    but it did not help. Then I tried to play a movie on VLC, and the same thing happened. It did not play, and just showed a black screen. Then I tried Youtube on Chrome. The Video Buffered, but did not play. It would show me a frame if I jumped onto it, but
    the video won't play. It is getting more and more frustrating everyday, any assistance would be highly appreciated.

NikitParakh, May 1, 2017
  4. jds63 Win User

Any sound when this happens ? Did this happen with the other GPU ?

jds63, May 1, 2017
  5. Parappa Win User
    There's no extra sound when the black screen happens only the sound of my game or video being played. My old card was a GTX 590 and had no issues with it for 5 years. But recently an issue (code 43) came up where my resolution could only max out at 1600x1200 so I went and bought the 1050.

Parappa, May 1, 2017
  6. jds63 Win User
    Try reinstalling drivers again.Uninstall Graphics Drivers

Wattage of your Power Supply ? Can be a heat related issue, make sure fans are running on Graphics card.

jds63, May 1, 2017
  7. batlhilz Win User
    try with a new / shorter HDMI -cable, smells like a datarate issue with a poor quality cable. the issue exists cause youre putting up more video rate from the cards output to the monitor and something wrong with the cable (Digital, so its either hdmi or dp -cable) and cant push out the required datarate. this can happen constantly or randomly like you mentioned.

id bet my 5cents for the cable issue

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen during game play and videos. - Similar Threads - Black screen during

2. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  3. Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen sometimes goes black when playing video games.: Hello! I am using a GeForce MX110 as my Laptop Graphics card. I recently upgraded to a windows 11 OS It was all good then when I started playing Roblox / Minecraft a black screen would pop out for like 1 second. And then or resume or stay black. It;s very irritating help...
  4. Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.: My laptop has never been doing this in the past 2 years, this only started 2 weeks ago and I have still not found a solution. Basically, when I run "Roblox" a game, Discord and google chrome freeze. Google Chrome goes black only below the search bar and discord completely...
  5. Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.: My laptop has never been doing this in the past 2 years, this only started 2 weeks ago and I have still not found a solution. Basically, when I run "Roblox" a game, Discord and google chrome freeze. Google Chrome goes black only below the search bar and discord completely...
  6. Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. flickering screen during game play

flickering screen during game play: on uploads from discs as well as downloads when I try to play games my screen flickers and rolls. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flickering-screen-during-game-play/73235c5b-8cda-4539-a4d7-e09df0cadb37
  8. Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.

Black screen when playing youtube videos playing games etc.: I have been facing a problem where all my games that are in fullscreen just don't work Black screen example: CS:GO HOI4 etc. same with videos with other video playback it works but with youtube or some others it's black screen the only way to fix it seems to hold FN and one...
  9. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Video play green or black screen: After Win 10 installed, everything works fine except for videos. When I try to view them using my Facebook page, I am just getting a green or black screen although I usually have audio -- but not always. I have installed and updated AMD drivers. Thank you. 13786
  10. Video play green or black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Video play green or black screen: Getting a green or black screen when playing videos through Facebook. But, if I go directly to YouTube, the videos play with no problem. Thank you. 14343