Windows 10: Black screen during graphic driver update

Discus and support Black screen during graphic driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rakadoo, May 13, 2022.

1. Rakadoo Win User

Black screen during graphic driver update

So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn off my computer or restart it because I don't want to stop the driver update if it's even going on still. Any help will be very appreciated. Thank you!

:)

Rakadoo, May 13, 2022

2. Black Screen During Driver Update Black screen during graphic driver update :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, May 13, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Black screen after updating display drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after upgrading the graphics drivers, you are receiving a Black screen. I’ll certainly assist
    you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you see a black screen?

• Are you able to boot the computer to the login in screen?

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and try disabling the display driver. Refer
    the article on Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

After booting the computer to Safe Mode, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Disable device.

4. Restart the computer.

If this allows you to boot the computer to normal mode, try uninstalling the driver.
    To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press
      Windows logo key + X, and select Device Manager.

2. Expand
      Display Adapters.

3. Right click on the
      Display driver and select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 13, 2022
  4. Black screen during graphic driver update

Black screen on Edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • Is the complete screen black?

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please get back to us with the screen shot of the black screen.

I would suggest you to check this link and see if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...our-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 13, 2022
Thema:

Black screen during graphic driver update

1. Black screen during graphic driver update - Similar Threads - Black screen during

2. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  3. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  4. Windows 10 Black Screen after updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Black Screen after updating graphics drivers: Yesterday, I decided to update my graphics drivers. When the update was complete, the installer said that a restart of the computer was required. After I did that, my computer will refuse to boot. I am stuck on a black screen without a cursor. I can toggle caps lock, num...
  5. Graphic Driver causes black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphic Driver causes black screen: Hi there, I hope you are doing well ^^! So, i'm facing a serious trouble with my new graphic card "GTX 760" and i hope you could help me guys, First, check out my PC config => Config : - Mobo : MSI Z87M Gaming - Cpu: Intel Core i5 4éme Gen 4460 / 3.2 Ghz OC: 3.5 Ghz - Ram :...
  6. Black screen during Intel Graphics driver enabling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen during Intel Graphics driver enabling: HiMy Dell Inspiron 5459 was giving flickering issues. I have got the display cable changed and since then facing very peculiar issue.When the Intel Graphics 520 is enabled, the display in BIOS Dell splash logo remains in laptop screen, but immediately once system enters WIN...
  7. Graphics driver update... Black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Graphics driver update... Black screen: Hey allI have an AMD RX580 8GB and have just downloaded the latest drivers through the radeon app. The update needed me to restart the PC however the PC failed to restart and has left me with a blank screen. I have tried turning it on and off numerous times however this...
  8. Black screen during update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen during update: Hello,I have been having this problem for a few years now and none of the solutions actually helped me, because it talks about black screen after updating. My screen goes black during an update. I don't know if the computer then still updates or not. My drivers are up to...
  9. Black screen during the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during the update: I had been getting notifications to update my windows 10 for quite some time, and i finally got the time so i started updating, and during the update windows restarted itself, but then all i got was black screen. I waited 1-2 hours but nothing happened so i searched online to...
  10. (SOLVED) Black Screen After Graphics Driver Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    (SOLVED) Black Screen After Graphics Driver Update: Greetings, everyone. I've been experiencing framerate problems with my PC so I decided to downgrade by graphics drivers(Nvidia) to 359.06, while installing my monitor suddenly bluescreened. I'm not talking about a BSOD by the way, my system is hooked up to a TV and my TV...