Windows 10: Black Screen during graphics card install on Windows 8.1

Discus and support Black Screen during graphics card install on Windows 8.1 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello. Somehow when my screen flickers while trying to install the graphics card, on the last flicker the screen goes black after the brightness... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Genesis123, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Black Screen during graphics card install on Windows 8.1

Hello. Somehow when my screen flickers while trying to install the graphics card, on the last flicker the screen goes black after the brightness changes. Before the install I couldn't change the brightness without the graphics card installed. I went to the Device manager to uninstall the Video Game Controller (VGA Compatible) display then after I do that the graphics card installs and then repeats a black screen. So then when I reboot I can't make it to the login screen because there's a...

Black Screen during graphics card install on Windows 8.1

Genesis123, Jan 7, 2019

2. Black screen on Edge

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the question below:

• Did you make any recent hardware/software changes?
    • Is the complete screen black?

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

Please get back to us with the screen shot of the black screen.

I would suggest you to check this link and see if it helps.

How to include a screenshot in your post

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 7, 2019
  3. choppah4 Win User
    No Beeps, Black Screen following failed Graphics Card Install

System:
    Intel E8600
    2x2gb Corsair 1333
    Xonar D2 audio card
    [1st video] Asus 4870 pci-e
    [2nd video] Sapphire 7000 pci

After flashing my 4870 (the only card installed at first) with the wrong bios, I was unable to get the computer to boot up. Although the lights on the MB turned on and the CPU fan spun, I was not able to get the computer to show anything other than a black screen.

To flash the graphics card back to its original BIOS, I installed a second graphics card in the first pci slot (and removed the 4870 so that I could configure the bios correctly). The computer booted and loaded the express gate screen. I ignored a warning that suggested Express Gate was not installed fully (an issue that I had not encountered before) and loaded up Windows (XP pro). The OS loaded, started to install the new set of graphics drivers and then the screen went black again.

Since this point, the motherboard lights are still green, but I hear no beeps (although I had disabled the onboard audio in the BIOS previously) and I the screen is black. I’ve tried a number of times to reset the cmos (removed battery, changed jumper positions, started with only one stick fo the RAM), but to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions for approaches to try and get the item jumpstarted?

choppah4, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Black Screen during graphics card install on Windows 8.1

Graphic Card- Black Screen.

Hello

recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black
    I tried several graphic card drivers and nothing changed then I change my Graphic card to GTX 750 and reinstall my windows then install graphic card driver then goes to black screen and also tried these ways on windows 1803 it means I downgrade my windows
    to 1803 again

my TV is LG 49UH850V

before 1809 upgrade my pc working well with the same hardware

I changed graphic card

I changed HDMI cable

I try to use another HDMI port on my TV

why this happend ?

rAshid Khani, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen during graphics card install on Windows 8.1

1. Black Screen during graphics card install on Windows 8.1 - Similar Threads - Black Screen during

2. Black screen when using an AMD graphics card.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when using an AMD graphics card.: I recently got a new computer with a GTX 6800 XT. After a few days, my computer started black screening for no apparent reason. It occurs when doing general purpose browsing, or playing spotify, nothing particularly demanding. When I first it, I was able to complete stress...
  3. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  4. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  5. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Black screen during Intel Graphics driver enabling

Black screen during Intel Graphics driver enabling: HiMy Dell Inspiron 5459 was giving flickering issues. I have got the display cable changed and since then facing very peculiar issue.When the Intel Graphics 520 is enabled, the display in BIOS Dell splash logo remains in laptop screen, but immediately once system enters WIN...
  7. Black screen during windows install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during windows install: I have upgraded my pc last night and tried installing windows 3 tines but each time half way through the install, the screen turns black (not off). Any ideas? submitted by /u/ltbutler6 [link] [comments]...
  8. Graphics card broken or error during installation?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card broken or error during installation?: Hello, Some time ago, I built a PC together with other parts. This one also works, but the graphics card is not registered by the system. In the bios is already switched to PCI-Express, but the existing VRAM is added to the onboard graphics memory. The graphics card is not...
  9. Graphic Card- Black Screen.

Graphic Card- Black Screen.: Hello recently I bought Graphic card GT 710 DDR5 2GB that support max resolution 2160P I worked with that for a while until windows 10 1809 released then I download that and install it on my PC then going to install driver of Graphic card then screen goes black I tried...
  10. Black screen no cursor (Graphics card driver problems?)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen no cursor (Graphics card driver problems?): Hey ya'll! I just updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Here's my specs: Alienware M15x - R1 Notebook Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT Intel Core2 Duo CPU T8100 @ 2.10GHz (if you need more specs let me know) So, I had problems going from Vista to windows 7 because of...