Windows 10: Black screen during update

Discus and support Black screen during update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,I have been having this problem for a few years now and none of the solutions actually helped me, because it talks about black screen after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FerryJanssen, May 10, 2021.

1. Black screen during update

Hello,I have been having this problem for a few years now and none of the solutions actually helped me, because it talks about black screen after updating. My screen goes black during an update. I don't know if the computer then still updates or not. My drivers are up to date.My computer is still on 1703, I am currently trying to update to 20H2. It downloaded fine and then started the updating by rebooting once, that went fine, then after the second reboot... black screen. Is it still updating during the black screen?If so, when do I shut it off.What can I do to fix this?

:)

FerryJanssen, May 10, 2021
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 10, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, May 10, 2021
  4. Black screen during update

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 10, 2021
Thema:

Black screen during update

1. Black screen during update - Similar Threads - Black screen during

2. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  3. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen during graphic driver update: So I am using CCleaner to update my drivers and then I made it on for graphics and then I got a black screen. It's been hours. I tried doing the methods like Windows Key + Ctrl + Shift + B and Win Key + X but none of them worked. I also can't see my cursor. I'm scared to turn...
  4. Black screen during graphic driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Black Screen during install of 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen during install of 20H2 update: It asked me to restart so the install can start. Everything was going well until it hit 26% when it restarted. Nothing alarming as I know this happens a lot during an update. The problem is that it is now stuck at a black screen. I tried to wait and went to sleep. 5 hours and...
  6. Black screen during reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during reset: Hey hey so I work in tech support and deal with apple computers so I’m really noob at Windows when it comes to troubleshooting them, my windows 10 pc was filled with junk and I wanted to erase completely , I selected remove everything , and went with the default setting for...
  7. Black screen during the update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen during the update: I had been getting notifications to update my windows 10 for quite some time, and i finally got the time so i started updating, and during the update windows restarted itself, but then all i got was black screen. I waited 1-2 hours but nothing happened so i searched online to...
  8. Black screen during log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen during log in: Recently when logging in to my desktop I experienced some black screen I had to reset the drivers to revert it back to normal. It also happened when I played some games and I had to alt-tabbed. And also when I benchmark my computer with the valley. Please help I don't know...
  9. Screen goes black during updates installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Screen goes black during updates installation: Here is the pic of the update - https://i.imgur.com/OZajxoY.png?1 About 5-10 seconds after clicking on the "install now" button, the screen goes black, and stays black until I have to restart the computer through the button on the cabinet. Any solution ? 43457
  10. black screen during bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen during bootup: During boot up I get a black screen for about 1 min then the login for my account. I notice a lot of hard drive activity during the black screen. I'm using amd-catalyst-15.10beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-oct12.exe (latest one). Win 10 works fine except for the black screen....