Windows 10: Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help

Discus and support Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by secretagentman, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help

Computer model: Lenovo Y700
    Microsoft 10
    6th gen i7 processor
    It has 2 graphics cards:

• NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB
    • NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5

​16 gigs RAM

Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th. I was running World of Warships, then I closed the laptop, and when trying to re-enter, I get a black screen. Yes, I have tried shutting down. I can hear the hard drive, and can see the power button backlights, as well as keyboard backlighting. I cannot see the mouse. From reading other posts, I think it may have auto-selected the wrong graphics card. I have never used a TV or other screen with this. Please help me with this, I am a new windows user, having recently immigrated from IOS. A detailed explanation would be appreciated, because I have no idea how to do that much. Perhaps a graphics card issue?
    Apps I had installed:

• Steam
    • TF2
    • Opera
    • Chrome
    • Firefox
    • War Thunder
    • Heroes and Generals

I hadn't messed with any settings.

:)

secretagentman, Jan 1, 2016

2. [Windows 10] [Logon screen] Cursor customization

Hi Bil,

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. What do you mean by, "windows logon screen always bring black screen"?

For the black screen related issue, please follow the below link.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

To make the mouse left handed simply follow the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + X key> Go to settings> Devices.

2. There Mouse and Touchpad> Select primary button> Right.

Do this for every account and check if it helps.

Thank you.

Have a good day!

Amarjeet_Paul, Jan 1, 2016
  3. Cannot get to log on screen Windows 10

Installed Windows 10 yesterday. When starting computer, I get to the lock screen. I press ctrl-alt-delete when prompted. After this, I get what appears to be a loading screen (blue background, circling white dots) for about five seconds, then black screen.
    On this black screen, I can see and move my mouse, but I cannot do anything. Help please!

RachaelWilber, Jan 1, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help

If you have the ports, the cables and the screens, you might want to connect to an external screen to SEE if it's just a matter of selecting the right output. If you choose this option, you may have to close/open the laptop lid to get Windows 10 to recognize.

pyramid10, Jan 1, 2016
  5. Unfortunately, I do not have a compatible screen. I could try to take it somewhere. Closing the lid doesn't seem to work...

secretagentman, Jan 1, 2016
  6. caperjack Win User
    a hdmi cable and a hi-def tv would/should work, as an optional screen I thought everyone had one or 6 of them In the house ,lol

caperjack, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help

1. Black screen error, no mouse, computer on, please help - Similar Threads - Black screen error

2. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  3. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen help please: Anyone please help me , first i got a blue screen after i go to a certain restore point then after i restart the laptop and log in it became all black with a mouse cursor. I tried to access the task manager but it says reinstall Duser.dllNext is i tried to go to a certain...
  4. Black Screen help please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help with Black Screen on computer with moving mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with Black Screen on computer with moving mouse.: So pretty much ever since I restarted my computer one day, I can not get to the windows login screen. The monitor was working just fine so it can’t be that. When ever I restart cpu it goes to a black screen with a disappearing and reappearing mouse cursor. Ctrl alt dlt or and...
  6. BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!

BLACK SCREEN PLEASE HELP!: Today i turned on my pc as usual, but i had some troubles...[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-please-help/7fcdc8a1-13a6-44d6-8bb7-1be326d1d706
  7. Black screen PLEASE HELP

Black screen PLEASE HELP: While playing games my screen with randomly go black for a few seconds and then come back. It crashes some of my games and i have been unable to resolve this by myself so I am asking on here for anyone please help me! My error from security and maintenance details is here....
  8. Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Conneted to wrong graphics card? Black screen, no mouse, please help.: Not sure where to put this, as I haven't gotten help in other forum parts, so I am putting it wherever I think it might work. Please help me, kudos to you if you at least try. Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards:...
  9. Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen---No Mouse---Please help: Computer model: Lenovo Y700 Microsoft 10 6th gen i7 processor It has 2 graphics cards: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 960M 2GB NVIDIA® GTX 960M 4 GB GDD5 ​16 gigs RAM Ok my computer is having a problem with a black screen. This computer is brand new, arrived on the 14th. I...
  10. PLEASE HELP! black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PLEASE HELP! black screen: Hi, i have been getting a black screen even on safe mode, so basically cant do anything just, The only thing that i can do is run the troubleshoot. Im not sure why this happened, at the beginning i thought it was a problem with my gpu or some drivers, so i went in safe mode...