Windows 10: black screen fixes

Discus and support black screen fixes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; *I have gone through the Q&A for black screen fixes and nothing worked. My Acer laptop did a Windows 10 update. After that all i get is a black screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by hjeffb, Mar 23, 2020.

1. hjeffb Win User

black screen fixes

*I have gone through the Q&A for black screen fixes and nothing worked. My Acer laptop did a Windows 10 update. After that all i get is a black screen. There is no flashes or dots not even a cursor... I get nothing but a black screen. It was basically a forced update from Microsoft and I blame Microsoft for this problem

:)

hjeffb, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen fixes

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

black screen fixes

1. black screen fixes - Similar Threads - black screen fixes

2. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  3. How to fix black login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix black login screen: My PC has recently been taking a long time to start up after a shutdown, and it’s gotten to the point where it sits on a black screen, and won’t load anything. I was wondering if their was some way to login to my admin account from safe mode using my PIN instead of password,...
  4. How to fix black login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black login screen: My PC has recently been taking a long time to start up after a shutdown, and it’s gotten to the point where it sits on a black screen, and won’t load anything. I was wondering if their was some way to login to my admin account from safe mode using my PIN instead of password,...
  5. How to fix black screen?

How to fix black screen?: Black screen appears when I want to look for documents in File Explorer. I can fix this temporarily going on Task Manager and looking for explorer.exe. but doesn't resolve the problem from recurring. Have also tried running sfc /scannow from command prompt without solving the...
  6. How to fix black screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen?: Black screen appears when I want to look for documents in File Explorer. I can fix this temporarily going on Task Manager and looking for explorer.exe. but doesn't resolve the problem from recurring. Have also tried running sfc /scannow from command prompt without solving the...
  7. Black screen after BCD fix

Black screen after BCD fix: So I had a previous problem where my pc keeps on boot looping after the bios logo. I followed a guide on how to do it on EFI through CMD using a media creation tool. Basically just the bootrec process. After that, the new problem now is my pc goes on a black screen after the...
  8. Black screen after BCD fix

Black screen after BCD fix: So I had a previous problem where my pc keeps on boot looping after the bios logo. I followed a guide on how to do it on EFI through CMD using a media creation tool. Basically just the bootrec process. After that, the new problem now is my pc goes on a black screen after the...
  9. Black Screen Of Death And Can't Fix

Black Screen Of Death And Can't Fix: So i need help, i recently found out when i login to my pc my screen turns completely black and can sometimes see applications if im lucky sometimes my screen is flashing white, so i put my pc into safe mode but, this pc was given to me and i only have my pin to the account...
  10. Fix for black screen/no signal

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fix for black screen/no signal: Easy Fix for Black Screen/No Signal after Dedicated GPU Driver Install, OS Windows 10 The problem at least in my case was the Windows 10 default settings for my monitor/TV were way too high; above 3000 X 3000 and a scaling setting of 300% thisdid work with the Basic Driver...