Windows 10: Black screen following registry backup failure and troubleshooting attempts

Discus and support Black screen following registry backup failure and troubleshooting attempts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I disabled my windows key using the registry. I created a backup beforehand in case I wanted to re enable it. I tried to re enable it by double the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Bobbyosaurus, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Black screen following registry backup failure and troubleshooting attempts

I disabled my windows key using the registry. I created a backup beforehand in case I wanted to re enable it. I tried to re enable it by double the backup file. I received a side by side config error. Suddenly many, but not all, actions failed and recieved a side by side config error. I followed a possible fix and opened command prompt. The command required me to be an admin so I closed the console and tried to run as administrator. I recieved a side by side config error. I tried to run it as administrator using another command and a modified shortcut but it still failed. I restarted my pc hop

:)

Bobbyosaurus, Jun 4, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen.

For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt?

If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and restore a second change?

In addition to modifying one or two commands how do you backup and restore the whole registry when the only access is via a windows 10 iso command prompt?

zbook, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 4, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Black screen following registry backup failure and troubleshooting attempts

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

Black screen following registry backup failure and troubleshooting attempts

1. Black screen following registry backup failure and troubleshooting attempts - Similar Threads - Black screen following

2. Black screen followed by shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen followed by shutdown: Hello.I've been having lots of troubles with a bug that I've had for presumably quite a long time, but that has gotten worse and worse, to the point that now most 3D games have become unplayable. Whenever I try to play one, both of my screens turn black within a few minutes,...
  3. Black screen followed by shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen followed by shutdown: Hello.I've been having lots of troubles with a bug that I've had for presumably quite a long time, but that has gotten worse and worse, to the point that now most 3D games have become unplayable. Whenever I try to play one, both of my screens turn black within a few minutes,...
  4. Registry Backups

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Registry Backups: Based on a lot of Googling and information from this forum I created the below batch file to backup my Windows 10 registry from an elevated cmd prompt. Everything is working perfectly but I have a question on what I'm backing up. Are there other registry hives/locations that...
  5. Black screen + blank troubleshooting. HELP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen + blank troubleshooting. HELP: When booting up, a black screen appears with no mouse or icons. It stays like this. I force restart a couple of times and enter troubleshooting. After there are two options: restart (which doesnt help) or advanced options. When clicking advanced options, im faced with a blank...
  6. Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors: Recently while working on my laptop, i encountered a disturbance on my screen. Later on when i tried to restart my system, login page appeared as i signed in the whole screen was covered in black. At first i thought it was a sudden shut down due to some error. but then i...
  7. Registry backup.

Registry backup.: Hi… I'm writing for help; I need to back up my computer registry in Windows 10. In an informative way, what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/registry-backup/dd995970-3925-4591-b11b-6d5f49ea968f
  8. Backup Failure

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup Failure: I'm Nnot my problem will have a solution. Stupidity reigns. Win10 1803.. I backed up a few different ways to my ext drive. I have have backups with xml files and one with zip files. Don't ask me how. I tried restoring and ended up with all the necessary thunderbird files...
  9. Troubleshoot black screen error

Troubleshoot black screen error: When working on my laptop, after a few minutes, if I don't hit a key, it will turn completely black., and then do it again and again and again. So annoying. I have no screen saver set on my laptop. I turned off for this reason. It drives me crazy. I am not a SW Engineer...
  10. Black screen of death: Troubleshooting help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen of death: Troubleshooting help?: Hi everyone, I am having problems with a DELL 4200 and an eeePC 901, both of which occasionally just switch to a black screen while I'm working, so I eventually have to restart the computer and thereby lose all work that wasn't previously saved. HD indicator stays off...