Windows 10: Black Screen for 1 min every startup

Discus and support Black Screen for 1 min every startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had this issue for quite some time now and no matter where i check, i cannot find a solution to my problem. every time I start my PC, the MSI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tiger3a, Sep 20, 2020.

1. tiger3a Win User

Black Screen for 1 min every startup

I have had this issue for quite some time now and no matter where i check, i cannot find a solution to my problem. every time I start my PC, the MSI logo comes up, then disappears like normal, but then i have a black screen for approximately a minute before i can see my lock screen. my OS is on my ssd so it should be much faster. when i first built my pc, the lock screen would appear immediately after the logo with no delay. i have tried everything and have not found a solution to this problem. i have checked other forums but all of them have not come up with a solution that worked for me. I have tried disabling hibernation/fast startup, updated my bios, disabled "enableULPS", redownloaded graphics drivers, changed priority boot on my bios and have still not found the solution.
    If somebody could help me find a solution, it would greatly be appreciated
    thanksBlack Screen for 1 min every startup :)

:)

tiger3a, Sep 20, 2020
  2. CRGibson Win User

Brink - I had just knew I had turned "Fast Start" off when first working on the PC - so I just did it again. It just made the Black Screen last only just over 40 seconds ( little improvement).

Caledon - The F2 and F12 keys did nothing but make the Black Screen last much longer. The black screen went over 4 min before I hit the power button to restart again.

Thanks to both of you guys for the suggestions.

CRGibson, Sep 20, 2020
  3. CRGibson Win User

New PC (check my specs) that has a problem. From the first start up I always get a Black screen that lasts just over 1 minute. Then the screen starts with the Welcome Screen. Then everything is OK (some times - another post will follow).

I have UEFI which I know nothing about. Don't know if this the problem but I would like to reset the startup to have USB as first on the list.

I tried using a rescue disk from Reflect that should started but did not.

Thanks for any help.

CRGibson, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Black Screen for 1 min every startup - Similar Threads - Black Screen min

2. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Whenever I login to my pc, things like discord and steam run on start, and then after about 30 seconds, the screen goes black, and the only way I can get it back to normal is by using the record video shortcut with the Radeon program that came with my GPU submitted by...
  3. Black screen on startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on startup.: This isn't a major problem, but a minor nuisance. When I restart my laptop not including fast startups or waking from sleep mode there's a black screen that appears after the Windows logo. The only way to bypass it is by closing and reopening my laptop. I think on the black...
  4. Black Screen On Startup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen On Startup: When I turn on the computer it opens the forst boot-up screen/splash screen but then goes black. I can't see nor access anything. I've tried system restores and resets but still black....
  5. Black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen on startup: Idk how this happened, but my pc is fucked. Updated it last night. After the update, I didn't bother using it cuz I wanted to sleep. I used the 'update and shutdown' button from start. Then, this morning, my pc decided to remove the update and then after that I tried using...
  6. Black Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen on Startup: After updating one of my display drivers my screen went totally black. Ive restarted my computer many times and still get a black screen. It also seems that I am unable to boot up the safe mode menu through the key shortcuts....
  7. My PC is black screen for 10 mins every time i boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is black screen for 10 mins every time i boot: last week i reset my pc to the factory settings and now every time i open my pc its black screen for 10 minutes or so. after 10 minutes keyboard and mouse's lights go off and on again and then it opens....
  8. W-10 logs off to black screen with 1 min of no activity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    W-10 logs off to black screen with 1 min of no activity: Recently, about time of last update, my W-10 Pro, Dell xps8920 desktop began logging me out to black screen after approx 60 sec of inactivity - continuously. I can tap L mouse & return to password entry screen. I've tried resetting power options to default, changed advanced...
  9. Black Screen for 1 min every startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen for 1 min every startup: New PC (check my specs) that has a problem. From the first start up I always get a Black screen that lasts just over 1 minute. Then the screen starts with the Welcome Screen. Then everything is OK (some times - another post will follow). I have UEFI which I know nothing...
  10. black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen on startup: hi, i have acer aspire 5740 laplop, core i3, . A problem occured extending c windows drive as described below. it have 3 local drives c - 20gb boot primary drive d- 90 gb system , primary drive e - 50 gb logical some unallocated space, i was extending c ,by...