Windows 10: Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

Discus and support Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just observed installation of update KB4512508 By Coincidence possibly I am now experiencing a black screen for 5 minutes after signing in My first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JustWilliammm, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

Just observed installation of update KB4512508

By Coincidence possibly I am now experiencing a black screen for 5 minutes after signing in

My first experience of this I used system restore to go back 2 days and this worked fine.

Now the update has installed again and I am back where I was - black screen for 5 minutes

Can no longer repeat the restore.

This is an HP Omen I am experiencing this on - just in case it is relevant

I have researched this and found historically this happens occasionally - like example dated 2017

Solutions have usually been supplied by further Microsoft updates.

However I find nothing that correlates with my problem to-day - be it the above mentioned update or not.

Can anyone say if this is a widespread issue as of this time (Aug 2019 )

Will there be a fix anytime soon ?

Or should I just put the PC in the bin? - Only joking

:)

JustWilliammm, Aug 18, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 18, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Dadicator Win User

Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

Laptop or Desktop (Very important) Windows 10 build 14.586 has a very annoying BUG: That causes Black Screen after login:
    To date there is no cure until Microsoft send Update to fix the problem: OK here goes: When you Login and the Screen Goes Black ==>
    Go to your Function Keys for Screen Brightness Chose to Lighten the Screen (This will make the screen Bright) so that you can view it.
    The BUG is that they reversed (via Software) what the Brightness button does -- So it is currently reversed -- "Lighten" makes it Dark -- "Darken" makes it Bright ==> Go figure Microsoft screw the pooch on this one. . . .

This is for LAPTOP -- I have never seen this on Desktops but they are fixed rather than adjustable

Dadicator, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

1. Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on - Similar Threads - Black Screen minutes

2. Screen goes black after 5 minutes of watching DRM content ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black after 5 minutes of watching DRM content ?: Hi there !I don't really know where to post this, and this is the first place I thought of so I hope it's the right place.My issue is really simple, when I'm watching DRM content Prime video, Canal+, after around 5 min of watch time, my screen goes completely black, and the...
  3. Screen goes black after 5 minutes of watching DRM content ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen goes black after 5 minutes of watching DRM content ?: Hi there !I don't really know where to post this, and this is the first place I thought of so I hope it's the right place.My issue is really simple, when I'm watching DRM content Prime video, Canal+, after around 5 min of watch time, my screen goes completely black, and the...
  4. Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop black screens after 5 minutes of playing video games.: My laptop has never been doing this in the past 2 years, this only started 2 weeks ago and I have still not found a solution. Basically, when I run "Roblox" a game, Discord and google chrome freeze. Google Chrome goes black only below the search bar and discord completely...
  5. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  6. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen locking after 5 minutes: Screen locking automatically after 5 mins of inactivity. What to do ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-locking-after-5-minutes/9b2d2b2f-7c4f-44eb-83f4-36e066e8b240
  7. Screen locking after 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Black Screen For 5 Minutes after the after the booting and then showing windows lock screen...

Black Screen For 5 Minutes after the after the booting and then showing windows lock screen...: Whenever I switch on my laptop after shutting it down then after booting up or after the HP logo I get a black screen for at least 5 to 7 minutes and then only my lock screen appears or the sign-in screen appears This thing happens whenever I restart my laptop or when I...
  9. Black screen with cursor for a couple minutes then fine after log in

Black screen with cursor for a couple minutes then fine after log in: Hello, A week ago my computer has been booting it oddly after the most recent MS Windows update. Typically when I log into my computer it takes just a few moments before displaying the desktop and I am ready to go. Now after I log in, it displays the login circle for...
  10. 5 minutes of Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    5 minutes of Black screen of death: After the defaultuser0 stuff, I've finally to access to my computer. However, the screen would first went black for 5 minutes.Then went back to normal.I wonder what happened...