Windows 10: Black Screen for 80 seconds during statup (after Windows loading logo)

Discus and support Black Screen for 80 seconds during statup (after Windows loading logo) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a HP Pavilion g6-1201tx Notebook and fitted a 256 GB SSD into it. I clean installed Windows 10 Version 1909 using a USB. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lolcocks, Nov 30, 2019.

1. lolcocks Win User

Black Screen for 80 seconds during statup (after Windows loading logo)

Hello,

I have a HP Pavilion g6-1201tx Notebook and fitted a 256 GB SSD into it.

I clean installed Windows 10 Version 1909 using a USB.

However, during start up, after the Windows Logo spinning dots, the screen goes black for about 80 seconds.
    Then the spinning dots come back for 1.5 seconds (without the Windows 10 logo).
    Then I get the "Please wait" blue screen with spinning dots for another 1.5 seconds. Example: https://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content...d7899238ee.png

And then the laptop boots up.

This happens every time.

I even reinstalled Windows 10 (clean installed 1909 once again) and nothing changed.

Is there any way to further diagnose what might be causing this? I think it's trying to install drivers or updates during every boot.

I checked Event Viewer logs and let's say if I boot at 1:00:00, I see 6 entries at 1:00:02 about DHCP-client saying events such as:

1. DHCPv4 client service is stopped. ShutDown Flag value is 1
    2. DHCPv4 is waiting on DHCPv6 service to stop
    3. DHCPv6 client service stop is almost done.DHCP Context Ref count is 1
    4. DHCPv6 client service is stopped. ShutDown Flag value is 1
    5. DHCPv4 client ProcessDHCPRequestForever received TERMINATE_EVENT
    6. DHCPv4 client received shutdown notification

And literally 8 minutes after these events is the next event in the Event Viewer saying "Multiprocessor is free".

:)

lolcocks, Nov 30, 2019

2. Black loading screen delay

When i boot up or reboot my Windows 10 pro after the windows logo is gone i get a black screen flicker once with my mouse loading along with for at least 10 to 15 seconds... not sure if it's a video card issue or what... i have a radeon HD 6570 but it really makes the boot up time very slow... any suggestions? Also have the most updated driver for my video card.*Think

Crimson1077, Nov 30, 2019
  3. dungtran Win User
    Black loading screen delay

I think you can fix this by disable auto switch graphics in BIOS.

dungtran, Nov 30, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Black Screen for 80 seconds during statup (after Windows loading logo) - Similar Threads - Black Screen seconds

2. Black screen after windows logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after windows logo: My laptop is a Dell Latitude 3540. And every time I turn on my pc it turns on normally but then as soon as the windows logo is done loading it shows me a black screen I have tried many YouTube tutorials to fix this but I can't get into windows recovery environment no matter...
  3. Window black screen after logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  4. Window black screen after logo

Window black screen after logo: I have MacBook pro early 2015. I tried to install window through bootcamp and usb but when it restarts I get a very dark display but visible with flashlight on screen.There is no hardware issue since my macos works totally fineAny fix?Thanks in advance...
  5. black screen after logo loading at startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen after logo loading at startup: when i open my pc, it puts the logo loading and then a black screen appears, sometimes with the cursor and sometimes not. I tried every solution on forums/youtube and nothing seems to work, my computer was working perfectly fine the day before. I tried all shortcuts,tried to...
  6. black screen after logo loading at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black screen after logo loading at startup: when i open my pc, it puts the logo loading and then a black screen appears, sometimes with the cursor and sometimes not. I tried every solution on forums/youtube and nothing seems to work, my computer was working perfectly fine the day before. I tried all shortcuts,tried to...
  7. black screen after logo loading at startup

8. Black screen after Windows logo?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after Windows logo?: I've had this laptop since January of this year and it booted up fine up until a month or two ago. It works okay and I'm using the laptop to post this right now, it's just that the problem is more of a nuisance than anything. When it boots up it shows the Windows logo as...
  9. Black screen after the logo, but before loading the profile.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after the logo, but before loading the profile.: Hello, there is a problem with the black screen after the reboot. I don't know how to fix it, where to dig. What exactly is the problem: after loading the logo, before the profile page, I have a black screen and a mouse in the center of the screen, while something is trying...
  10. Black screen after the logo, but before loading the profile.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after the logo, but before loading the profile.: Hello, there is a problem with the black screen after the reboot. I don't know how to fix it, where to dig. What exactly is the problem: after loading the logo, before the profile page, I have a black screen and a mouse in the center of the screen, while something is trying...