Windows 10: Black screen for a while on startup, then goes back to normal

Discus and support Black screen for a while on startup, then goes back to normal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I turn My gaming laptop on, it usually takes 20mins due to the black screen. After that, it’s a little slow but fine. Thanks submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/carterchillman, Dec 22, 2019.

1. Black screen for a while on startup, then goes back to normal

When I turn My gaming laptop on, it usually takes 20mins due to the black screen. After that, it’s a little slow but fine.

Thanks

submitted by /u/carterchillman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/carterchillman, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 22, 2019
  4. Black screen for a while on startup, then goes back to normal

Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

Black screen for a while on startup, then goes back to normal

1. Black screen for a while on startup, then goes back to normal - Similar Threads - Black screen while

2. My screen goes black for a couple seconds then turns back on then back too black while...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen goes black for a couple seconds then turns back on then back too black while...: When I restart my computer and the first thing I do is open a game, it works seemlessly for the entire time I decide too play, then for instance I will open up another game and suddenly my screen turns black for 2 seconds then it shows the game/app for a second, repeating...
  3. My screen goes black for a couple seconds then turns back on then back too black while...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My screen goes black for a couple seconds then turns back on then back too black while...: When I restart my computer and the first thing I do is open a game, it works seemlessly for the entire time I decide too play, then for instance I will open up another game and suddenly my screen turns black for 2 seconds then it shows the game/app for a second, repeating...
  4. Weird Screen Sequence, Then Goes Back to Normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Screen Sequence, Then Goes Back to Normal: Hi, there! I am having a recurring issue where my laptop whether connected to a monitor or not freezes, goes to a black screen with the cursor still showing, then flashes both a tan screen and some weird screen kind of looks like binary numbers. After 15-30 seconds of this...
  5. Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Goes to Black Screen at Startup: I own an Asus TUF Gaming Fx504 Series laptop that just recently encountered a serious error. It froze on me one day while I was using it, so I performed a force shut down. My computer went into Automatic Repair, claims it diagnosed and fixed the C: Drive, but I still couldn't...
  6. screen goes black but comes back up

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen goes black but comes back up: I recently got a Dell Intel Core i5 8th generation. I've had this machine for about 2 weeks, a little less. It runs smoothly except it randomly goes to a black screen but comes back almost immediately. Nothing is lost or even damaged, but I'm not sure why the screen blacks...
  7. it loads on its normal boot screen, and then it goes black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    it loads on its normal boot screen, and then it goes black: I had just fixed the restart error and now, it is doing this thing where it loads on its normal boot screen, and then it goes black, then back to the preparing screen, and then to the 64% loading screen. Please help me i cannot fix it....
  8. While in Full Screen, my screen goes Black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    While in Full Screen, my screen goes Black.: Now, when I am in Minecraft, or any other game, and I'm just playing normally, my screen goes black for some reason. I do not know why and it's very frustrating. If someone can please help, that would be appreciated. I just want to get this fixed. :(...
  9. how to change black screen back to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change black screen back to normal: how to change black screen back to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen/28ba356e-11bf-4b3f-8c93-e96e24999d0a
  10. Screen flashes black and then goes back to normal (dwm.exe)

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flashes black and then goes back to normal (dwm.exe): Hello! This just started happening Tuesday or Wednesday of this week. I haven't installed anything in that time frame. Right after the event happens I look in the event log for applications and see this : In chronological order this is first Faulting application...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change background color to normal

2. change black screen to normal

3. change background from black to normal