Windows 10: Black screen for minutes?

Discus and support Black screen for minutes? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I have a very annoying issue. My system is taking forever to get to the lock in screen, I have black screen for a very long time! My security is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by isaccasi, Feb 17, 2019.

1. isaccasi Win User

Black screen for minutes?

Hello I have a very annoying issue.
    My system is taking forever to get to the lock in screen, I have black screen for a very long time!
    My security is: Bitdefender Total Security+Heimdal(Thor)Pro & Voodoo-Shield Pro.
    My Maintance Programs: WiseCare 365 Pro+Ccleaner Pro Plus.
    It is not something that just now has happened, it is over time(6 Months maybe),but now it has reached a point where I would like to have something done about it.
    I have tried to unninstall some programs I did not use very often, and I had to get rid of Malwarebytes, and it has helped a little but not enough, please help me.
    My system is Windows 10 Home 1809 with the latest updates, my Notebook from Acer(Aspire E 15)has only 4 GB DDR4 Ram with a Dual-Core Processor A6-9210 with Turbo core Technology up to 2.8 GHz.
    Thanks in advance.*Sad

:)

isaccasi, Feb 17, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 17, 2019
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Black screen for minutes?

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Black screen for minutes?

1. Black screen for minutes? - Similar Threads - Black screen minutes

2. black screen for a minutes on start up

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen for a minutes on start up: So when i start up my laptop it's going black screen for a minutes, is it normal because in the past is only a secand is it too much apps can make that?...
  3. Black screen for ~20 minutes after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen for ~20 minutes after login: I have a virtual environment where everyone logs into they physical desktop and then connects to a dedicated virtual desktop via VMware. I've already taken this to VMware support, and they say it's not their problem. With certain users on certain VM's, after they enter their...
  4. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  5. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  6. 5 minutes of Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    5 minutes of Black screen of death: After the defaultuser0 stuff, I've finally to access to my computer. However, the screen would first went black for 5 minutes.Then went back to normal.I wonder what happened...
  7. Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on: Just observed installation of update KB4512508 By Coincidence possibly I am now experiencing a black screen for 5 minutes after signing in My first experience of this I used system restore to go back 2 days and this worked fine. Now the update has installed again and I am...
  8. Screen goes black when idle for a minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen goes black when idle for a minute: I recently changed a setting on my laptop so that when my mouse is idle for a minute my screen goes black, not to sleep as I it was so I could listen to music without a light. Now I need to turn it off as it keeps getting in the way but I cant remember how to turn it off....
  9. Slow bootup black screen for minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow bootup black screen for minutes: Hi there, i have an Asus Zenbook with an I5 processor and 6gb ram that came with win8. I have upgraded to Win10 and now it boots very slow, it takes a few minutes now to get to the asus logo and then it goes in to win 10 login. I thought the old hdd was the problem so i...
  10. Two minutes of black screen before login

in Windows 10 Support
    Two minutes of black screen before login: Hi. When I boot into Windows 10, just before the login, my screen turns black for like two minutes. There doesn't seem to be any drive activity (I've got Windows installed on a SSD). Cursor appears like fifteen seconds before the login screen. This started happening like a...