Windows 10: Black Screen for temporary moments

Discus and support Black Screen for temporary moments in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I don't know why but this have been happening for a few times, during my playing time or social websites, the screen start intermittently going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by João PedroGentil, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Black Screen for temporary moments

I don't know why but this have been happening for a few times, during my playing time or social websites, the screen start intermittently going black... I wish you could help me fixing this.

:)

João PedroGentil, Sep 10, 2018
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

Temporary Black Screen, then no problem

@wolf2009: No, Loading screen not disabled. Would that have any effect on the 3 temporary black screens after windows loads? I'll give it a try tonight though.

@tigger69: I think I might have another AGP card to try. Do you think it could be the video card, as after about 5 minutes, everything is ok. If I can dig an old 6800GT out of storage tonight, I'll try it.

Thanks for some suggestions both of you.

rtwjunkie, Sep 10, 2018
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Temporary Black Screen, then no problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I listed this in General Hardware, because frankly, I have no idea what piece of hardware could be causing my problem.

I have a problem with the following system (not the listed in system specs): E4600 2.4Ghz CPU; Conroe865pe motherboard; bfg 7800gs AGP video card; 2x1Gb Mushkin XP 4000 (DDR 500) Redline memory; Antec TruPower 550 PS; Creative Audigy 2SE; KDS 17" CRT monitor.

When booting up, after the Windows loading bar, it will be on a black screen for about 2 minutes before finally loading the sign-on screen. Then, once into Windows, after a minute or so the monitor signal disappears and the monitor says it is in power-saving mode. It will do this if I click on any icon, or if on the internet. It will do this 2 to 3 times within the first 5 minutes. After this, there is never another problem as long as the computer is on.

I recently took the monitor, video card, and power supply and the old memory from a jetway pt88as board and installed on the "new"(er) Conroe board. The old memory was a 2x1GB kit of Ultra PC3200. 2 weeks ago I upgraded the memory with the memory listed above. So: I can deduce that the memory is not the problem. Powersaving and hibernation are turned off in the screen properties in Windows. Graphics card temps are fine (45-50C) and its fans are controlled by Rivatuner. The CPU temps are also fine (35-37C idle, and 39-40C under load). Airflow is great in the Coolermaster Centurion 5 case, so I don't believe it's a temperature issue.

What would account for this temporary black screen problem? And why would it go away after a few minutes?

rtwjunkie, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Black Screen for temporary moments

temporary black screen

Hi Mario,

To help us isolate and address this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Do let us know if you encounter any error messages so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen for temporary moments

1. Black Screen for temporary moments - Similar Threads - Black Screen temporary

2. Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App: So just recently I have been having an "issue" where when I open an app like a video game, there is a sudden black screen for 1-3 seconds, but then the screen resumes to the app. I wouldn't consider it an issue, as it is not something where my screen stays black, it is just...
  3. Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary Black Screen After Opening an App: So just recently I have been having an "issue" where when I open an app like a video game, there is a sudden black screen for 1-3 seconds, but then the screen resumes to the app. I wouldn't consider it an issue, as it is not something where my screen stays black, it is just...
  4. Temporary black screen on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temporary black screen on startup: Every time I boot my pc, I get a flash of a black screen for about 3 seconds exactly when the windows startup chime is. It is annoying to say th eleast but I think this might be leading to a bigger software/hardware problem....
  5. Temporary black screen on startup

Temporary black screen on startup: Every time I boot my pc, I get a flash of a black screen for about 3 seconds exactly when the windows startup chime is. It is annoying to say th eleast but I think this might be leading to a bigger software/hardware problem....
  6. Just a moment screen.

Just a moment screen.: Today I started my laptop,after entering password, JUST A MOMENT screen appeared which was gone after 5-6 seconds automatically and loaded to the desktop. It appeared 2 times today. So is it normal?...
  7. LiveKernalEvent 141 causing temporary black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LiveKernalEvent 141 causing temporary black screen: At random times my computer will lock up and can only be fixed my forcing a reset. When the error occurs it freezes whatever is playing games/videos but the audio continues. I'm able to create a new desktop by using the Windows shortcut but once I start any application on...
  8. Temporary black screen while switching users

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Temporary black screen while switching users: Hello. New windows10 Lenovo. When switching users get a black screen that can last upto 20seconds. I don't know if this is just a slow computer i3 with ssd or its a windows feature. Is the screen that comes up *while switching users* configurable - to something other than...
  9. screen goes black for several moments ...

in Windows 10 Support
    screen goes black for several moments ...: This is a really worrisome problem: Just upgraded from Win7 pro x64 to Win 10 Pro. At the same time I replaced the motherboard, ram, video card and added an SDD. I had this done by a computer shop that I trust. The tech spent some time replacing and troubleshooting drivers....
  10. Captured images stuck on "just a moment" or black screen loading

in Windows 10 Support
    Captured images stuck on "just a moment" or black screen loading: Hello everyone! Tenforums has been a great source of information for me when working in our IT environment, as opposed to Microsoft´s websites that rarely provide any (useful) information. I have now encountered a problem that is taking up most of my work-hours and it is...