Windows 10: Black screen from full screen on YouTube after Windows 1909 update.

Discus and support Black screen from full screen on YouTube after Windows 1909 update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Has anyone else had these issues? Whenever I'm watching a YouTube video and I make it full screen, the ENTIRE screen goes black for a second or two.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CopperHead615, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Black screen from full screen on YouTube after Windows 1909 update.

Has anyone else had these issues? Whenever I'm watching a YouTube video and I make it full screen, the ENTIRE screen goes black for a second or two. Even when I minimize it. It happened on the last update, but I reverted back within the same hour because I wasn't trying to deal with it. But to download Xbox (Beta), I needed 1909, so here we are. Anyone been through this? Or am I completely looking over something obvious.?

submitted by /u/CopperHead615
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CopperHead615, Nov 24, 2019

2. Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Nov 24, 2019
  3. Youtube black screens.

Well something interesting has happened, yesterday watching youtube videos was no problems, yet today when I try to watch a video, any video it shows as a black screen and the audio works.

After a little google search, I found that watching a video on the issue allowed me to see it, weird I thought as previously no video worked. I then click a random video on the suggested list and that too works.

I then type a search in youtube and bam! black screen again.

After a little more help from google, I found that disabling adblock plus allowed me to watch videos with no problems again + if I disable then re-enable all videos would work, although for a limited time, as after a few minutes when I switched to a new video it started again.

Edit: If I logged out of my youtube account, there would be no more black screens on videos, although there would also be ads...

My fix was this: I uninstalled adblock plus and instaled ublock origin, seems to have done the trick.

My question is what was the cause for this?

Also previously adblock would not block all ads on some sites, like techpowerup for example, ublock origin also fails to do this, although adblock managed to do this when I first installed. I know the fix for my add problems is a uninstall with iobit uninstaller and then reinstall, a simple reinstall does not work and I won't bother installing iobit just for this site. (ublock origin allows me to select bothering things and block them manually)

Edit: Also when I noticed adblock was not blocking all ads, google suggested to disable allow non-intrusive ads, I did that and it worked, I didn't give it further thought and the next day when I connect, ads were still shown on the site. Enabling-disabling the option after this had no further effects on the problem, as neither did a normal uninstall-reinstall of firefox.

My addons for firefox were: Adblock plus, adblock popup addon and disconnect.
    They now are: Ublock origin, adblock popup addon and disconnect.

I also use bitdefender free edition for antivirus and malwarebytes anti malware for on-demand scanning.
    Scanning with both revealed no suspicious or infected files.

This thread is more like what are your thoughts on this?

Silas Woodruff, Nov 24, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Black screen from full screen on YouTube after Windows 1909 update.

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

Black screen from full screen on YouTube after Windows 1909 update.

1. Black screen from full screen on YouTube after Windows 1909 update. - Similar Threads - Black screen full

2. youtube will not open to full screen after a 2023-2 cumulative update for windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    youtube will not open to full screen after a 2023-2 cumulative update for windows 11...: youtube will not open to full screen after a 2023-2 cumulative update for windows 11 version 22H2 today 16/2/23 how do we fix this?Thank you Regards...
  3. youtube will not open to full screen after a 2023-2 cumulative update for windows 11...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    youtube will not open to full screen after a 2023-2 cumulative update for windows 11...: youtube will not open to full screen after a 2023-2 cumulative update for windows 11 version 22H2 today 16/2/23 how do we fix this?Thank you Regards...
  4. After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows update, screen is black after sign in screen: Basically the title. I have tried this twice now, the first time a few months ago. I updated and everything was fine, I can see the sign in screen. I type in my pin and I am greeted by a black screen and can't see anything except the cursor. So I tried various fixes found on...
  5. Black Screen of death on windows 1909 after updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen of death on windows 1909 after updates.: Hey when i updated my windows 1909quality update i started having black screen of death. I could use everything using task manager create new task. A important information is that it fixes after 10-40 minutes. So please help!! I missed a day's class trying to fix it. System...
  6. Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1909 to 20h2 update black screen after restart: hi guys, so my computer is on windows 10 1909, and windows has been prompting me to restart my computer for ages in order to update. problem is, every time i click on "update and restart", it goes smoothly till the part where windows tells you that it is going to restart...
  7. Full screening youtube with touchscreen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Full screening youtube with touchscreen: Is there anyway to fullscreen youtube in tablet mode like how you do on ipads. Where you pinch and it full screens. Or some other kind of gesture for it? submitted by /u/AmmarBatman [link] [comments]...
  8. Screen turned black after entering full screen mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen turned black after entering full screen mode: Hi, I'm using a toshiba satellite P55W laptop without any external monitor. Every time I enter full screen mode when watching video, the screen will turn black after 5 seconds. Audio's still working but not working fluently. It happeed in every applications and websites....
  9. Black Screen on Full Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen on Full Screen: I am incredibly frustrated by Microsoft's customer service as it seems like the people on the phone will answer questions even if they aren't correct. When I use my laptop and play a video in full screen from ANY browser and ANY website, the screen will black out. I...
  10. BSoD when YouTube on full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD when YouTube on full screen: Hello, In the last time I had some Blues Screens with UNEXPECTED STORE EXCEPTION error code. It is annoying But what did I noticed is that I receive BSoD when I was watching on YouTube on full screen mode. So it is probably a problem with some drivers. Another thing is...