Windows 10: Black screen from trying to reinstall windows from USB?

Discus and support Black screen from trying to reinstall windows from USB? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, i have been trying to reinstall windows from a USB because my computer just randomly stopped booting up windows and while trying to get into safe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Endless Nights, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Black screen from trying to reinstall windows from USB?

So, i have been trying to reinstall windows from a USB because my computer just randomly stopped booting up windows and while trying to get into safe mode it would say "Automatic repair" then send me to a black screen. So while booting from usb it sends me to a windows logo boot up screen with a spinning wheel then that sends me to a black screen as well. Im at a loss on what to do. Please help me.

:)

Endless Nights, Mar 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 started fine then the screen went black

Hello,

Please try the below steps to troubleshoot black screen error issue.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestions provided by Sharath Srinivasa and see if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

The issue you are facing with USB ports, kindly try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.
    If the above steps doesn't help try the below method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall USB controllers
    and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys, type devmgmt.msc
    in run window and press Enter.

b. In device manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

c. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click
    uninstall.

d. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.

All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 3, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Black screen from trying to reinstall windows from USB?

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Black screen from trying to reinstall windows from USB?

1. Black screen from trying to reinstall windows from USB? - Similar Threads - Black screen trying

2. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive: I managed to screw up Windows 10 with the installation of incorrect ASUS drivers for my motherboard. Unable to boot into Windows. Big mess. I tried two of two restore points and tried reinstalling Windows from the Helpful Blue Screen. No luck with either. Exhausted other...
  3. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive: I managed to screw up Windows 10 with the installation of incorrect ASUS drivers for my motherboard. Unable to boot into Windows. Big mess. I tried two of two restore points and tried reinstalling Windows from the Helpful Blue Screen. No luck with either. Exhausted other...
  4. Trying to reinstall Windows 10 from a USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows from a USB: I have a computer which refuses to boot Windows, but will boot into the BiOS system, where it is now stuck at user level. I've written off the prospect of recovering any data from this computer, so my plan was to see if it will let me simply reinstall Windows. I downloaded...
  6. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows from a USB: I have a computer which refuses to boot Windows, but will boot into the BiOS system, where it is now stuck at user level. I've written off the prospect of recovering any data from this computer, so my plan was to see if it will let me simply reinstall Windows. I downloaded...
  7. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

8. Black Screen from usb boot

Black Screen from usb boot: I have been trying to boot from usb to upgrade windows 10. The screen shows a blinking cursor , then the windows logo and restarts, it even crashes completely sometimes , and I couldn't get to install no updates through the media creation tool directly , and unfortunately I...
  9. Trying to reinstall Windows and a black screen appears

Trying to reinstall Windows and a black screen appears: Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 here in which I wanted to try Linux on, so I formatted the disk which had an Windows install and installed the Linux distribution. After trying that version for a while, I downloaded back the W10 Media Creation Tool, made a bootable USB and...
  10. Reinstalling Windows from a USB

Reinstalling Windows from a USB: Well, I'm doing this. I chose not to keep any files and so Windows proceeded to install but gave me no option to format C Dive. After installing, there were a bunch of left over program folders on C Drive plus the Windows.old folder. Have I missed something. I thought a clean...