Windows 10: Black screen going on and off on desktop

Discus and support Black screen going on and off on desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer died recently and when i plugged it in and turned it back on and typed in my password it started to go to a black screen, then it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rachel Peterson, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Black screen going on and off on desktop

My computer died recently and when i plugged it in and turned it back on and typed in my password it started to go to a black screen, then it would load and then go back to my desk top screen. I could open chrome and it stays open, but when i try to open control panel and other things like files or pictures, they get closed out when the screen goes black. I tried to restore it back to the last restore point and that didnt fix the issue. I havnt recently downloaded anything so i really dont know why my computer is doing this. If there isnt any solution for this i would be fine with factory resetting but i dont know how to with out control panel being closed out when the screen goes black. PLEASE HELP

:)

Rachel Peterson, Nov 23, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 23, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Black screen going on and off on desktop

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Black screen going on and off on desktop

1. Black screen going on and off on desktop - Similar Threads - Black screen going

2. screen not going off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen not going off: just downloaded win 11. Normally if i dont use laptop for a few minutes , it goes off and i have to sign in again.I put 3 minutes for screen and sleep both plugged and unplugged. Also put 3 minutes for screen Saver plus ticked log on box on resumption. It is just not going...
  3. screen not going off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen not going off: just downloaded win 11. Normally if i dont use laptop for a few minutes , it goes off and i have to sign in again.I put 3 minutes for screen and sleep both plugged and unplugged. Also put 3 minutes for screen Saver plus ticked log on box on resumption. It is just not going...
  4. Roblox screen going black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Roblox screen going black: Whenever i press play on roblox my screen goes black im not sure why this happens please can someone lend some help thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/roblox-screen-going-black/22287ad0-9a96-4eb1-8da6-ae7db61d5bef
  5. screen going black randomly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    screen going black randomly: windows 10 screen goes black randomly, started when downloaded latest windows 10 update, reverted back to previous version, now message from microsoft my version of windows 10 about to expire?...
  6. Screen Keeps Going Black!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Keeps Going Black!: Whenever I get on my computer, the screen would go black then back to normal, this would repeat forever basically. I'm not sure how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-going-black/29843711-87ae-48cc-8963-d392e2dc6114
  7. Desktop Screen is Black

Desktop Screen is Black: The screen on Desktop computer shows a black background and the text is mostly yellow. How can I change it to normal. I also found out that Windows was update a few hours ago. I have read about related problems here and their solutions, but it seems as if the updated...
  8. Desktop black screen

Desktop black screen: Hi When I log on I briefly have access to my desktop but after a few seconds or if i try to get to my settings the whole screen goes black. However my mouse arrow stays visible and I can move it but theres nothing to click on to. Please can anyone help???...
  9. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...
  10. Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black

in Windows 10 Support
    Remote Desktop problem - Screen going black: I’m running Win10 1809.379 on my computer. Both computers that I’m using RDP to connect to are also on 1809.379. The problem starts when I connect to them both or either and then minimize them to the task bar, if it try to reopen them their screen goes black. Prior to...