Windows 10: Black screen in games when fullscreen

Discus and support Black screen in games when fullscreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i just downloaded windows 10 latest update and updated drivers, but then i started playing. I got black screen when in fullscreen but not in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by emilgronroos, Jul 19, 2020.

1. Black screen in games when fullscreen

Hello, i just downloaded windows 10 latest update and updated drivers, but then i started playing. I got black screen when in fullscreen but not in windowed.

:)

emilgronroos, Jul 19, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

Hi Syrius,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have clarity on this issue and guide you accordingly, kindly help us with the following information.

• Is the issue specific to a game or does it occur on all the games?
    • Is the issue specific to only games or does it occur while playing full screen videos?

If the issue occurs while playing videos in full screen, you may want to uninstall and reinstall the video card drivers to see if it helps.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device manager.

• Expand Display Adapters, right click on your video card driver and choose
      Uninstall.
    • Check the box Delete the driver software for this device.
    • Reboot the machine for Windows to automatically reinstall the drivers.

If the issue is specific to games, it could be a compatibility issue. I suggest you to refer to the article
    Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows and run the games
    in compatibility mode to see if it helps.

If the issue persists, it could be due to the full screen optimization. As you’ve already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to disable the same and check if it works.

• Open Settings and go to System > Display.
    • On the right pane, click on the Advanced graphics settings
      hyperlink.
    • Uncheck Enable fullscreen optimizations
      and exit Settings.
    • Restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 19, 2020
  3. Doxhy Win User
    Black screen when in fullscreen, in every game

When I run any game in fullscreen the screen turns black after a few seconds at most. If I tab out of the game and back in, it works again for a few seconds before it turns black again.

System:

Windows 10 64 bit (no creator's update yet, version 1607)

i5 2500k

Nvidia GTX 1070

I already tried reinstalling drivers completely. It doesn't happen in Windows safe mode. Games work fine in windowed or windowed borderless mode.

Any idea how I can maybe get a better idea what is and isn't causing this? I tried different resolutions and refresh rates (my monitor's refresh rate is 60, I tried lowering it to 59), but it's the same.

Doxhy, Jul 19, 2020
  4. Black screen in games when fullscreen

Windows 10 When i play games with fullscreen it just turns black.

I have no idea when this started but i one day i started fortnite and it was a black screen with a functional cursor. I eventually found out that it's okay to play with windowed fullscreen but obviously that takes up performance and it's really bugging
    me. In any game if i try to change my viewing mode to fullscreen there's only a black screen and a cursor but it's completely fine when i play with windowed fullscreen. I have another problem that's probably related but i'm nut sure. Nearly every 5 minutes
    ,maybe even less, something steals focus from anything i'm doing. while i'm gaming, typing, watching something. Would be really happy if anyone can come up with a solution because at this point it's not just gaming it prevents me from doing daily things as
    well.

Justkinger, Jul 19, 2020
Thema:

Black screen in games when fullscreen

1. Black screen in games when fullscreen - Similar Threads - Black screen games

2. Fullscreen Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Black Screen: Hello,Whenever i play games Fortnite Apex Minecraft. etc. i can only play windowed or windowed fullscreen for some reason,if i try and play just fullscreen my screen goes black until F11 or Alt+Tab, because of this my framerate in all the games are decreased quite heavily.so...
  3. Fullscreen Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fullscreen Black Screen: Hello,Whenever i play games Fortnite Apex Minecraft. etc. i can only play windowed or windowed fullscreen for some reason,if i try and play just fullscreen my screen goes black until F11 or Alt+Tab, because of this my framerate in all the games are decreased quite heavily.so...
  4. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  5. Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flickering when playing fullscreen games: Hi, I'm currently having this problem with most of my games. The problems occurs with Ironsight D3D9 game, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare but somehow, the problems doesn't occur with CS:GO and Valorant. I've installed the latest Intel HD 4600 driver that is compatible with my...
  6. Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games

Screen goes black for a few seconds when going fullscreen in games: I recently got a new laptop, and I am trying to play a game on it Minecraft, but whenever I go fullscreen, my screen goes black for a few seconds. This only happens on an external monitor. I keep my laptop screen closed and just use the second monitor, but if I change my...
  7. Temporary black screen when interacting with windows on fullscreen games.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temporary black screen when interacting with windows on fullscreen games.: So I recently ran into a problem whenever I'm playing a game in fullscreen mode (Fortnite, Destiny 2, etc.). The issue is that when I do something like press the windows key, or press alt+tab while I'm in the game, my monitor screen will turn black for a few seconds before...
  8. Black screen for 4/5 seconds when leaving a fullscreen game

Black screen for 4/5 seconds when leaving a fullscreen game: Hi, I have a brand new pc, built myself, my first one. When i leave/start a full screen game i get 4/5 second black screen. It is particularly annoying because it happens when someone joins an xbox party and it activates the game bar. I have a 2080 super graphics card and...
  9. Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when playing games on fullscreen.: Hi, i ve recently bought a new PC and i can t play the games in fullscreen becouse of random blackscreens.I get these blackscreen whenever the frames are changing too much (going into inventory/menu/options/in match) PC SPEC: Ryzen 5 2600 RX 580 8GB VRAM 8GB RAM 600W...
  10. Screen flickers black every few seconds when in fullscreen mode games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickers black every few seconds when in fullscreen mode games: Hi all, I recently upgraded my laptop to the Lenovo Legion Y520 with an i7-7700hq, a 1050 ti, intel hd 630, 256 gig ssd, and 2 Terabyte hard drive I usually use an external monitor next to my laptop I noticed that when in games, if i set it to Fullscreen the screen...