Windows 10: Black screen in my laptop

Discus and support Black screen in my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So today I turned on my laptop. Everything was doing fine until the screen was black. If you're wondering how I got this I pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HectorArcos, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Black screen in my laptop

So today I turned on my laptop. Everything was doing fine until the screen was black.

If you're wondering how I got this I pressed Ctrl+Shift+Esc (Task Manager) and opened a file location, then I got all of my data, so my PC isn't encrypted, I got all of the normal apps, but its getting a bit annoying. Any solution to my problem?

:)

HectorArcos, Oct 13, 2018
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Oct 13, 2018
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Oct 13, 2018
  4. Black screen in my laptop

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

Black screen in my laptop

1. Black screen in my laptop - Similar Threads - Black screen laptop

2. My laptop stays in black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop stays in black screen: I accidentally turned off my laptop only by closing it and now when i turn it on it only stays in black screen i restarted it many times but nothing worked after couple off times it brought me to the blue windows page and i hit automatically find problems but it just only...
  3. Black screen on my Laptop HP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on my Laptop HP: 1st try "sfc /scannow" it When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" After all test done restart laptop it's coming on but screen is blank so help please Thanks...
  4. Black screen on my Laptop HP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on my Laptop HP: 1st try "sfc /scannow" it When i run DISM, "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth" it returns an error:87 the Cleanup-Image I can run "Dism /online /Cleanup-Image /?" After all test done restart laptop it's coming on but screen is blank so help please Thanks...
  5. Black screen on my Laptop HP

6. My laptop keeps black screening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps black screening: My laptop crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crash just comes randomly and my laptop becomes black screen. Sometimes it restarts on its own and sometimes it doesnt. I have searched solutions like...
  7. My laptop keeps black screening

My laptop keeps black screening: My laptop crashes/freezes after closing games. Sometimes very soon after sometimes 10 minutes later and sometimes never.The crash just comes randomly and my laptop becomes black screen. Sometimes it restarts on its own and sometimes it doesnt. I have searched solutions like...
  8. My laptop screen turn black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop screen turn black: I work on my laptop, go elsewhere, let it sit for a while and then the screen turns black, I touch my touchpad and press characters on the keyboard hoping the screen will turn on but it didn't. I know my laptop is still on because the start button is still flashing. I the...
  9. my laptop screen becomes black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop screen becomes black: when I am playing any video on youtube browser=chrome for about sometime then the whole screen becomes black but it is running in the backgroundonly the screen becomes black, and when I close the program by pressing alt+f4 my home screen becomes visible. but the icons on...
  10. black lines on my laptop screen

in Windows 10 Support
    black lines on my laptop screen: Anyone know why these have appeared .... and especially if there is an easy, cheap and safe fix I can do? Or to prevent their further expansion (see below) It is an old HP Elitebook G2, Windows 10 Pro (64) 1803 and recently puffed the battery (heating cause was likely...