Windows 10: Black screen instead of lock screen picture after screen timeout

Discus and support Black screen instead of lock screen picture after screen timeout in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi!I've just installed Windows 11 on my new computer and run into problem. I set up lock screen into beautiful picture. If I use F9 to lock it, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Uli li, May 30, 2023.

1. Uli li Win User

Black screen instead of lock screen picture after screen timeout

Hi!I've just installed Windows 11 on my new computer and run into problem. I set up lock screen into beautiful picture. If I use F9 to lock it, or Ctrl+Alt+Del -> Lock it shows me a picture and asks for a password, everything is fine. But when my mouse is inactive, after some time two minutes I think it turns black. And doesn't turn off - it becomes black and I want it to be lock screen with picture at least, that's how it was on my previous computer. How do I fix it?

:)

Uli li, May 30, 2023

2. black screen issue at Locked screen instead of windows spotlight !!

black screen issue at Locked screen instead of beautiful windows spotlight !!

just like in shown picture

my Windows 10 Pro is completely Genuine and Verified and windows updates are up-to-date*Cool

I had this issue over lots of months but I ignore it
    but few time I can see beautiful picture from MS but most of the time there is a black screen

PratikUnleashed, May 30, 2023
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, May 30, 2023
  4. Arul_D Win User

How to change the Screen Timeout settings

Hello,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop and click on Personalization.

• Click on Lock screen

• On the bottom of the screen click on Screen Timeout.

• Under screen select the Time period accordingly.
    Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Black screen instead of lock screen picture after screen timeout - Similar Threads - Black screen instead

2. Black screen instead of lock screen picture after screen timeout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen instead of lock screen picture after screen timeout: Hi!I've just installed Windows 11 on my new computer and run into problem. I set up lock screen into beautiful picture. If I use F9 to lock it, or Ctrl+Alt+Del -> Lock it shows me a picture and asks for a password, everything is fine. But when my mouse is inactive, after some...
  3. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  4. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after lock screen: I have been running Windows 10 from the beginning. I have the latest update 1803 on my PC x64.I switch on my PC. I get the lock screen where I put in my pin number, it goes blue with "wait a minute" then goes black. I can get the task manager using ctrl-alt-delete. Sometimes...
  5. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Timeout: Hi all! I have an odd issue: My computer running Windows 10 10.0.18362 Build 18362 won't auto-lock the screen. It turns off the screen like it ought to after 10 minutes but won't lock unless I use the keyboard shortcut. Any ideas on how to get the machine to lock when the...
  7. Black screen after lock screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after lock screen: Turn on computer and the lock screen appears random photos with trivia. Any mouse click brings up a black screen with the mouse pointer, nothing else displayed. The mouse pointer moves with the mouse, but the login screen never appears. Tried ctrl-alt-del and...
  8. Lock Screen Timeout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen Timeout?: Hi All, I have set my display to never lock me out (i work from home) when both on power and battery. However, my screen still locks me out and shows me inactive after 5 minutes. I could be on the phone taking notes and my screen will timeout and lock. Is there something I...
  9. Screen lock or timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen lock or timeout: My screen lock has been set to kick in at 15 mins for some time now but it locks after only a minute or two. How can I correct this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-lock-or-timeout/2bc2c310-a96b-4b5f-8907-d6eaa6e3a919
  10. Lock Screen Timeout

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock Screen Timeout: I have followed all the suggestions made by changes in the registry and in the power options but the timeout in my Windows 10 still remains at 1 to 2 minutes. Is it any way I can just turn off all the functions related to having the computer going to sleep? Any help will be...