Windows 10: Black Screen into Restart whenever trying to play any game

Discus and support Black Screen into Restart whenever trying to play any game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have had my new HP Omen 30L for about 6 months now, very happy with it until about roughly 3 days ago. Every time I try to load up a game e.g. State... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tennousu, May 12, 2021.

1. Tennousu Win User

Black Screen into Restart whenever trying to play any game

Have had my new HP Omen 30L for about 6 months now, very happy with it until about roughly 3 days ago. Every time I try to load up a game e.g. State of Decay 2, Metro Exodus, etc. I can get into the menu just fine, but upon actually attempting to play my computer will immediately get a black screen and restart. These are all games I've played for months now without any issue, and I'm not quite sure what exactly is going on. Even doing something simple as running a GPU benchmark test Superposition - Benchmark will immediately black screen, crash, and force another restart. I've

:)

Tennousu, May 12, 2021

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, May 12, 2021
  3. Critical Kernel Power 41 (63): Black screen, restart when playing game

Kernel Power 41 63

Computer turns black and automatically restarts when playing high demanding games, no BSOD, not overclocked.

Games that have crashed:

• Far Cry 4
    • The Division
    • Fortnite
    • Overwatch
    • Counter Strike GO
    • Last Man Standing

Specs:

• Cooler master 550w PSU
    • RX 470 4gb
    • Pentium g4560
    • Asrock MATX b250m MOBO
    • 2x 4gb rip jaws RAM
    • WD 1tb HDD
    • Gammamax 300 CPU Cooler

I built the PC myself, errors started when playing high demanding games for the first time. Ran stress tests when first built, prime95 and heaven whilst logging temps for 8 hours, no crashes or high temps (max cup temp 54 C, max gpu temp 76 C). However, when playing games, within an hour, computer crashes (always kernel 41 63). I sent the PC to the outlet where I purchased the parts from, they had their own technicians run tests on all the parts. Initially, they found a fault with the PSU, which was at that time a 500w EVGA bronze. They replaced it with a 550w Cooler master gold. Still experienced 41 63, black out and restarts. Took it back, I said I suspected the MOBO was the issue, so they replaced it under warranty, problem persisted. I took it back for a third time, they took it to their head office, did extensive testing and found a fault with the CPU, they replaced it. Took them 3 weeks to complete... issue is still not resolved.

At this point, my computer has been disassembled and parts replaced multiple times.

Things I have done:

• Updated all drivers (CPU, GPU, BIOS, sound etc)
    • Clean installation of Windows 10 multiple times
    • Stress tested with Heaven and Prime95
    • Logged temperatures while stress testing and playing games, haven’t seen any high temps
    • Disabled and enabled different sound drivers to test for conflicts
    • Replaced PSU, MOBO and CPU

I’ve logged temps when both stress testing and while playing games. Here is my latest HWINFO log when playing Fortnite and then black screen and restart, kernel power 41 63. crash-test.CSV

Happy to run any tests, suggestions and upload further logs. Really stuck on what to do....

gondorcalls, May 12, 2021
  4. TODO5 Win User

Black Screen While Playing A Game.

Hello, My pc is experiencing a problems these 5 days, which is a 'black screen' while playing a game the whole screen goes black, and the only cure to this is to restart pc, but it still goes black when I play a game again. [behind the black screen there
    is still playing the audio, and there is no cursor]. I want to find out whats the problem.

TODO5, May 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Black Screen into Restart whenever trying to play any game - Similar Threads - Black Screen Restart

2. Whenever I play any game color distort.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I play any game color distort.: Whenever I play any game the color texture, and it's crisp distort and color looks more vibrant and distorted, it's almost unplayable.If i move in-game camera to 360°degree the texture edges changes it's color and make the colors in that game more distortedHow can I fix it?...
  3. Whenever I play any game color distort.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whenever I play any game color distort.: Whenever I play any game the color texture, and it's crisp distort and color looks more vibrant and distorted, it's almost unplayable.If i move in-game camera to 360°degree the texture edges changes it's color and make the colors in that game more distortedHow can I fix it?...
  4. Whenever I try to play a game, the screen brightness rapidly increases and decreases.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I try to play a game, the screen brightness rapidly increases and decreases.: This issue doesn't seem tied to a specific game, since it happens with every game I try to play. My computer has recently been completely reset, and before that it showed some problems with lagging and low GPU usage Which was mostly resolved by the resetting. Now it stills...
  5. Whenever I try to play a game, the screen brightness rapidly increases and decreases.

Whenever I try to play a game, the screen brightness rapidly increases and decreases.: This issue doesn't seem tied to a specific game, since it happens with every game I try to play. My computer has recently been completely reset, and before that it showed some problems with lagging and low GPU usage Which was mostly resolved by the resetting. Now it stills...
  6. Whenever I try to play a game, the screen brightness rapidly increases and decreases.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Black screen while playing games

Black screen while playing games: I bought this card gt 1030 while playing games i got a black screen and Hearing Windows sound like when you remove a pendrive from the pc and the game Works again.I'm using this card with a hdmi-vga cable beacuse my monitor has no hdmi slot. How to fix it???...
  8. CRASHES TO BLACK SCREEN WHILE PLAYING ANY GAME

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRASHES TO BLACK SCREEN WHILE PLAYING ANY GAME: Hi, I have an GT440 graphic card IK its outdated i have started playing games after 2-3 yr now and i am playing mostly old games like gta san Andreas, batman arkham city .I used to play these easily back then now when i start playing ,its runs good for 5mins after that...
  9. My monitor screen goes black whenever i play a game in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor screen goes black whenever i play a game in fullscreen: I just got my new pc and was trying out new games. I opened up a game in full screen on my main monitor and my screen just starts to flash black and I couldn't do anything. I can run them in windowed mode but I would want to get the most of my new pc. I've tried updating my...
  10. Screen blacks out whenever I play Overwatch :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blacks out whenever I play Overwatch :: I received my NZXT Starter Pro last week. I play Overwatch everyday. Every few days, right when actual game is about to begin, my screen will black out, and it'll make this humming noise. The computer is still running. This has happened three times already. What should I do?...