Windows 10: Black screen issue after failed restore on windows 10

Discus and support Black screen issue after failed restore on windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I tried to restore my HUAWEI matebook which failed. Then after restart I see only black screen with cursor on it. I see HUAWEI logo but then just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sunilshafqat, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Black screen issue after failed restore on windows 10

Hi, I tried to restore my HUAWEI matebook which failed. Then after restart I see only black screen with cursor on it. I see HUAWEI logo but then just black screen. I have tried ctrl + Alt + del/Esc and nothing worked.

:)

Sunilshafqat, Oct 14, 2019

2. Black screen issue on Windows 10.

Hi Preet,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did you install any third party security application?
    • Does the black screen goes automatically after a period of time?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to refer to the article provided below and c heck if that helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Update to Windows 10 failed - Critical_Process_Died error and/or Black Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting black screen after installing Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Problems with the driver for your display adapter.

2. The video output is being sent to an unexpected port.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the section Black screen and not signed in to Windows 10
    from the following article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to refer suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015
    and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/black-screen-after-upgrading-to-windows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Warning:

This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Hendry Win User

Black screen issue after failed restore on windows 10

Windows 10 stuck at black screen

hi, i tried upgrading my windows 7, but failed 5 times.
    step 1 on copying files are 100%
    step 2 installing features n updates are 100%
    step 3 FAILED, it stuck on black screen and freeze, nothing i can do besides force restart and its restored to my windows 7 back.

any idea how to solve this? it's always stuck at 75% step 2 and when go to step 3 is freeze ( 5 times in row, i'm thinking give up or buy new laptop with windows 10*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin)

p.s i'm currently downloading ISO file to blank DVD hopefully it's worksBlack screen issue after failed restore on windows 10 :)

Hendry, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Black screen issue after failed restore on windows 10

1. Black screen issue after failed restore on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black screen issue

2. Black Screen After System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen After System Restore: I've just performed a system restore, selecting to take the pc back to 28th April. But after finishing, I'm left with a black screen, with the date/time in the middle and a small pc picture in the bottom right-hand corner AND I can't get any further?...
  3. Black Screen After System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After System Restore: I've just performed a system restore, selecting to take the pc back to 28th April. But after finishing, I'm left with a black screen, with the date/time in the middle and a small pc picture in the bottom right-hand corner AND I can't get any further?...
  4. Windows 10 black screen issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 black screen issue.: Hi today my laptop asked for an update and I restarted. After the update completed, the laptop booted but it hanged and the screen went black for a min. and then cam back but the taskbar hanged so I just turned off the laptop from the home screen. When I started it again,...
  5. Windows 10 black screen issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen issue.: Hi today my laptop asked for an update and I restarted. After the update completed, the laptop booted but it hanged and the screen went black for a min. and then cam back but the taskbar hanged so I just turned off the laptop from the home screen. When I started it again,...
  6. Black Screen issue after Window Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen issue after Window Reset: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17763 Build 17763 Problem 1 [Unsolved] Previously I had issue with my PC does not allow sites to stay logged-in on browsers Google Chrome and Opera. I have tried several ways to fix this issue, yet I couldnt find any way to solve it....
  7. Windows 10 black screen after windows restore files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after windows restore files: So my asus laptop had a blue screen. It restarted. Then it crashed. Restarted again. Then windows diagnostics came up. Btw it said logfile error was C:\windows\system32\logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt I then decided to choose the RESTORE FILES option in the advance options of...
  8. Black Screen after System Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen after System Restore: Hello. Yesterday I did a System Restore, but as it took almost 3 hours I forcefully shut down the system thinking it is stuck. Now ,after switching it on, the Lenovo loading page shows up after which a black screen appears. I tried checking if I can do System Restore...
  9. Black screen after Windows 10 restore.

Black screen after Windows 10 restore.: I got a completely black screen with no Logo or cursor after doing a System restore on Windows 10. I can now do absolutely nothing with my laptop. Any suggestions? Thanks...
  10. Black screen after system restore

Black screen after system restore: Hello! I have windows 10 on my Asus laptop.Got the new updates yesterday but I faced some issues(with font and icons sizes, not something very bad), and sadly i desided to do a windows system restore to a previous date(acually couple hours ealier).system restart,Asus logo,...