Windows 10: Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

Discus and support Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Asus TUF A15 FX506II. It happen many times when I using my laptop for over than 4 hours. The screen suddenly go black and the laptop not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nur Iskandar, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

I have Asus TUF A15 FX506II. It happen many times when I using my laptop for over than 4 hours. The screen suddenly go black and the laptop not responding. I tried to ctrl+alt+del but nothing happen, even I trying to turn on/off the keyboard backlight, nothing happen to the backlight.

After several research on Reddit, I tried to turn off the AMD display Driver but the problem still happen. After that, I try to turn off the NVIDIA driver and the laptop can survive without any black screen issue.

Anyone have the solution for this issue? Because after I update the NVIDIA driver, the issue still happen. Thanks for the help.

:)

Nur Iskandar, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

1. Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver - Similar Threads - Black screen Issue

2. Windows 10 black screen after NVIDIA drivers are downloaded. RTX2060

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after NVIDIA drivers are downloaded. RTX2060: Hi,I freshly installed Windows 10 and as soon as display drivers get downloaded my screen goes black and after rebooting I can't get through the windows loading screen.After I restart the computer and restore the version on "Troubleshooting->Advanced options->System restore"....
  3. Major Nvidia graphics driver issues after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major Nvidia graphics driver issues after 2004 update: So my PC just updated earlier tonight... and when it came back up, all hell kind of broke loose. My graphics card is a Gigabyte 1660 Super; I already had the latest drivers from Nvidia (457.30) installed before tonight, and have had no issues with them. Once the Windows...
  4. Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?: While this problem might have been resolved a while ago, I'm still not too sure if what I did truly fixed the problem. Here's what happened chronologically: Around three days ago (18th February), my Asus laptop was working fine without any unusual behavior. I did recall...
  5. Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?: While this problem might have been resolved a while ago, I'm still not too sure if what I did truly fixed the problem. Here's what happened chronologically: Around three days ago (18th February), my Asus laptop was working fine without any unusual behavior. I did recall...
  6. Black screen issues after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen issues after updates: So far EVERY update in the last 2 years to Windows 10 has created a black screen event on my desktop where nothing but a black screen is visible after doing the restart. This ONLY happens after updates and EVERY update. I did a reformat only 6months tops ago because that lot...
  7. Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out: I"m not getting a BSOD, but the system is recording all sorts of errors and warnings, so hopefully this is the right place... Windows 10 Pro, EVGA Geforce 970 GTX. Winver SAYS it’s running 1803. I GENERALLY try to keep the nvidia drivers current, but that may have been a...
  8. BLack screen after installing driver updates.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BLack screen after installing driver updates.: hello to begin with, I did not know I should not install driver updates. They were there so I assumed I was supposed to install them. There were nine. After it took three hours to install two and reject three I pressed stop. It said I would need to restart my notebook...
  9. Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen when updating nvidia driver to latest version.: I installed the new graphics card, Windows recognized it and downloaded the proper drivers. All good. However, if i try to update the drivers to the latest version, 365.10, during installation the display goes black and won't come back until i restart the PC. This only...
  10. Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse

in Windows 10 Support
    Nvidia 370 series driver Black Screen with Mouse: My conclusion: How do I stop windows 10 from automatically updating NVidia drivers. 360 series drivers work fine. NVidia gtx 670 connected via hdmi to my dell U3415W The problem occurs on any of the 370 series drivers. So I use DDU and remove the driver and install the...