Windows 10: Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

Discus and support Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Asus TUF A15 FX506II. It happen many times when I using my laptop for over than 4 hours. The screen suddenly go black and the laptop not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nur Iskandar, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

I have Asus TUF A15 FX506II. It happen many times when I using my laptop for over than 4 hours. The screen suddenly go black and the laptop not responding. I tried to ctrl+alt+del but nothing happen, even I trying to turn on/off the keyboard backlight, nothing happen to the backlight.

After several research on Reddit, I tried to turn off the AMD display Driver but the problem still happen. After that, I try to turn off the NVIDIA driver and the laptop can survive without any black screen issue.

Anyone have the solution for this issue? Because after I update the NVIDIA driver, the issue still happen. Thanks for the help.

:)

Nur Iskandar, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver

1. Black screen Issue after updating NVIDIA driver - Similar Threads - Black screen Issue

2. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  3. Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia Drivers: I am on a Lenovo Legion 5 Pro Gen 7 laptop with Ryzen 6800h and a RTX 3060. I was installing the newest Nvidia Drivers and after the drivers were halfway through downloading, my screen went black and I wasn't able to do anything. I restarted my computer multiple times, booted...
  4. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  5. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.: I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the...
  6. Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Black screen after driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after driver update: I have a Lenovo think pad t460 and after doing a driver update my laptop is stuck in black screen with a none blinckin underscore. I have test to reinstal windows with a usb key but it did not work. Please help to find a solution....
  8. Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?: While this problem might have been resolved a while ago, I'm still not too sure if what I did truly fixed the problem. Here's what happened chronologically: Around three days ago (18th February), my Asus laptop was working fine without any unusual behavior. I did recall...
  9. Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after Windows 10 update, is there a driver issue?: While this problem might have been resolved a while ago, I'm still not too sure if what I did truly fixed the problem. Here's what happened chronologically: Around three days ago (18th February), my Asus laptop was working fine without any unusual behavior. I did recall...
  10. Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Updated nVidia drivers, screens blacking out: I"m not getting a BSOD, but the system is recording all sorts of errors and warnings, so hopefully this is the right place... Windows 10 Pro, EVGA Geforce 970 GTX. Winver SAYS it’s running 1803. I GENERALLY try to keep the nvidia drivers current, but that may have been a...