Windows 10: Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.

Discus and support Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, If you're here you are probably having the issue i had, and have had for about 3 days now. I was able to fix it myself and i would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joechancey11, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.

Hi all,
    If you're here you are probably having the issue i had, and have had for about 3 days now. I was able to fix it myself and i would like to explain everything, because there was not a lot of useful information online for this.

So during my windows 10 installation, at around 72% my pc would restart as intended, but when it would boot back up i would be either stuck with a black screen with no cursor OR the installation would complete and i would be stuck with a black screen with my cursor.

Here's how i fixed my issue.
    Black screen with no cursor fix:
    So your installation went wrong. Well here's what to do.

First off, what i did was pull the plug on my PC after i realized my black screen wasn't gonna fix itself, in doing this it interrupted the download and reverted me back to windows7 which is what you need to do. If your PC didnt revert itself back to windows7 (or 8-8.1) try to boot it in safe mode and trouble shoot issues, eventually it will roll you back to your previous OS.

Once you are at your previous OS, turn your computer off and then plug your monitor into your motherboards HDMI input. then turn your PC on.

Once at your desktop, uninstall your graphics drivers and then proceed to reinstall windows10. You won't black screen this time around since you are using your motherboard (there is a spot during the installation where your screen will turn black for about a minute but the install will continue, just give it time)

Windows 10 should boot up (most likely not in your native resolution) before anything, press the windows home button on the bottom left and press settings. Then press update and security. Then check for updates.
    After the updates install, re-download GForce Experience and install the latest drivers.

Should be good to go!

BUT

If you're having display issues still after all your drivers are updated -
    right click your desktop, press display settings.

If you have 1 monitor plugged in and it says 1|2. You need to plug in a second monitor or use a TV and make windows 10 recognize your monitor is your main screen.

This is a little unpredictable, so sorry if this part is vague, i fixed it using a TV and fiddling with the "show only 1" option.

Should be great after that! Welcome to Windows 10!
    Black screen with cursor fix:

So at this point what this means is you're physically at your desktop. but you just can't see it. Sooooo.. this kinda repeats the "BUT" step above.

You need to plug in a second monitor, hold the windows key on your keyboard down and press P, then press the down arrows DOWN twice and hit enter.

Here is a tutorial:

hope this helps!

:)

Joechancey11, Aug 3, 2015
  2. David221 Win User

Black screen with cursor during installation (upgrade 8.1 64 to 10) - Solved

Quick feedback that may help others with the same issue. I had the known black screen with cursor issue during the upgrade from Win 8.1 - 64 bits to Win 10.

It seems the upgrade procedure didnt like my multi monitor setup so I simply removed the HDMI cable to the 2nd monitor (even though the 2nd monitor was powered off!), rebooted and installation went well.

David221, Aug 3, 2015
  3. JasonS63 Win User
    Black Screen after Windows 10 Creators Update

Hello,

I recently installed the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update on my HP laptop and now I have a black screen, with a cursor, after signing in. I have tried following the black screen troubleshooting tips for both pre- and post-login black screens, and they did
    not resolve the issue. This is the brunt of my issue, and any help would be appreciated. Below is a list of additional information about the update and what ive already tried to fix the issue.

-During the update: the screen said “This is taking a bit longer than usual” (took about 3 hours for the install) but the update finished and the computer did its final restart to the login screen.

-After logging in, the screen remains black with a moveable cursor.

Things I’ve tried

- Manual restart of computer

- restarting in Safe Mode - Screen is still black

- Screen Refresh (Win+Ctrl+Shift+X) - cursor moves to middle of screen but still black

- Running Startup Repair from the Blue Startup Meun - couldnt fix the computer

- System Restore - No previous restore data so I cancelled the restore

- System Image Recovery - No precious system image so I cancelled the recovery

- Command Prompt - comes up on the screen, but I didnt know which driver was the video card driver so I exited

**Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup**

JasonS63, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX.

1. Black screen issue during installation with or without cursor FIX. - Similar Threads - Black screen issue

2. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  3. How to fix black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix black screen with cursor: I have tried to go through every fix I’ve found for windows 11, but neither ctrl+shift+esc or ctrl+alt-del have done anything, and random clicking has done nothing either.I have attempted to turn off the laptop, but that too has done nothing, and i cannot restart normally...
  4. Black screen with cursor during install and after boot HOW I FIXED IT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor during install and after boot HOW I FIXED IT: So, I had this problem where my PC would just show a black screen for everything. That means install wizard, recovery, and the main OS. No other form fixed it and I figured it out by my self. I want to share the solution with the world.—————-MY PC————————I’m Using: Desktop...
  5. Black screen with cursor during install and after boot HOW I FIXED IT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor during install and after boot HOW I FIXED IT: So, I had this problem where my PC would just show a black screen for everything. That means install wizard, recovery, and the main OS. No other form fixed it and I figured it out by my self. I want to share the solution with the world.—————-MY PC————————I’m Using: Desktop...
  6. Black screen with cursor issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor issue: Hello all, today I was trying to boot up my computer to do some work only to find it stop at a black screen before the log in. The cursor is there and you can move it around. I have went through a lot of different methods of fixing this and nothing seems to work. Booting up...
  7. Random Black Screen Without Cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Black Screen Without Cursor: Sometimes I randomly get a black screen without cursor when closing out of a game, however it has happened just as many times while I'm out of the room without any game or other app running. It has only happened once before being able to log in and mostly tends to happen a...
  8. Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen WITHOUT cursor after Windows 10 installation: I installed Windows 10 yesterday and I had kept my laptop on power and I went away for a bit and when I came back a couple of hours later, my laptop's screen was black but the lights on the laptop blinked so as to show that it had just restarted. So I waited for it to start,...
  9. Windows 10 install stuck with black screen without cursor

Windows 10 install stuck with black screen without cursor: Yesterday I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and at the time of installation it gives message it may restart several times. It progressed to auto restarting after the installing step, but after the restart and gone through the dell startup screen blank, there...
  10. Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor

Windows 10 Black Screen During Installation Sometimes with Cursor: Specs: Intel 2600k Asus Maximus V Extreme Nvidia GeForce GTX 590(1 GPU disabled) Samsung Evo 840 250 GB(19 GB space left before installing, however the setup said everything was fine) 2 Western Digital Blues 500 GB I've been looking at the forums here looking at the...