Windows 10: Black screen issue while trying to factory reset my desktop.

Discus and support Black screen issue while trying to factory reset my desktop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ive been having an issue where I go to factory reset my pc and it proceeds with the reset then goes to a black screen. Ive tried changing out the HDMI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeadMug, Mar 31, 2020.

1. DeadMug Win User

Black screen issue while trying to factory reset my desktop.

Ive been having an issue where I go to factory reset my pc and it proceeds with the reset then goes to a black screen. Ive tried changing out the HDMI to my monitor but that didnt change it. My desktop is still on during this. The problem occurred after using a built in msi reset of my settings. If any details are needed id be happy to provide it.

:)

DeadMug, Mar 31, 2020

2. Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10 . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings or display driver is corrupt.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "reset my computer back to factory settings", are you referring that you have tried to perform rolling back to previous Operating System or performed Reset of Windows 10?
    • Are you able to see Windows 10 logo when you switch on the computer?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about troubleshooting on black screen related issues and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Black screen during factory reset of windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you get black screen during factory reset of Windows 10. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• How are you trying to perform factory reset?

Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.

• To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, DisplayPort to VGA, or any other combination.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Black screen issue while trying to factory reset my desktop.

Black screen after trying to reset back to factory settings. (Windows 10)

Hi Simen,

Thank you for your reply with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Are you able to see any light or power light on the Motherboard of the computer?

I suggest you to check the power cable which is connected to your computer and also check if power light is present on the computer.

As you are using Desktop computer, so I recommend you to check if desktop screen cable is plugged in properly.

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Black screen issue while trying to factory reset my desktop.

1. Black screen issue while trying to factory reset my desktop. - Similar Threads - Black screen issue

2. Factory Reset From Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory Reset From Black Screen: I tried everything I can to reset a Windows 10 laptop but after it said it had a problem in resetting and that no changes were made it just went to a black screen. I tried everything, every key combination everyone has said to get off the screen. I can't even get into the...
  3. Factory Reset From Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset From Black Screen: I tried everything I can to reset a Windows 10 laptop but after it said it had a problem in resetting and that no changes were made it just went to a black screen. I tried everything, every key combination everyone has said to get off the screen. I can't even get into the...
  4. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  5. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

Errors while trying to do a factory reset!: I’m unable to factory reset my laptop! Please help, 2 errors pop up, 1- Reset this PC “There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made.” 2- error 193 DISM log cannot be found An error occurred while attempting to start the servicing process for the image located...
  6. Errors while trying to do a factory reset!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Factory reset screen going black

Factory reset screen going black: I forgot the password to my computer and so I’ve been trying to factory reset it from the login screen but when I go to troubleshoot, resent this pc, remove everything the screen just turns black and nothing happens and it doesn’t factory reset and dosent let me click all...
  8. Factory reset screen going black

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset screen going black: I forgot the password to my computer and so I’ve been trying to factory reset it from the login screen but when I go to troubleshoot, resent this pc, remove everything the screen just turns black and nothing happens and it doesn’t factory reset and dosent let me click all...
  9. Factory reset screen going black

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Issues trying to factory reset a laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues trying to factory reset a laptop: I have been having problems with my laptop for the last few weeks with it being incredibly slow and half of the time freezing to the point I need to remove the battery to restart it. I just decided I want to factory reset the POS before I put a hammer through the screen. I'm...