Windows 10: Black screen just before logon screen windows 10

Discus and support Black screen just before logon screen windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I'm having this strange and annoying behaviour that makes me waste a lot of time and I cannot identify the source of the problem, maybe someone can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bacano, Dec 25, 2019.

1. bacano Win User

Black screen just before logon screen windows 10

I'm having this strange and annoying behaviour that makes me waste a lot of time and I cannot identify the source of the problem, maybe someone can help me.
    The pc starts booting, the loading circle goes around with on gigabyte logo screen and when finally the logon screen should appear the screen becomes black, and everything unresponsive, no mouse, no keyboard!..
    This is happening frequently lately, some other times it boots just fine.
    I hit the reset button and it goes to the black screen again, and again, and again... and sometimes it boots, sometimes it never boots this way.
    When Windows goes to advanced boot options, then if I select option 1: Debug mode. the pc boots up normally... about 50% of the times.
    In advanced options if I select recovery mode it always boots. Then I end up cleaning the GPU drivers with DDU and the pc boots ok. windows reinstalls GPU drivers automatically and the probability if a black screen is HIGH!
    In advanced boot options if I select low resolution mode the pc almost always boots. That's how i'm in the PC right now.
    I've done all kinds of updates, to BIOS, drivers, software, bios options etc, nothing seems to solve the problem.
    Sometimes at pc power up I have a black screen also and I have to reboot.
    I don't know if this is the GPU, motherboard CPU, or drivers problem.

How can I debug this? Anyone else had similar situation?

I'm on windows 10 version 1809.

:)

bacano, Dec 25, 2019
  2. NdMk2o1o Win User

New Crossfire setup black screen after windows logon

Need some help, I have just installed a 2nd Sapphire VaporX 7950, both cards are plugged and are connected with 1 crossfire connector. PC powers on fine and gets to the Windows logon screen then the screen goes black, any ideas what the issue is?

NdMk2o1o, Dec 25, 2019
  3. Black Screen Isuue in Window 10

Hi kashish,

I would appreciate you for trying troubleshooting steps.

To understand the issue better, I request you to answer few questions:

• Does black screen appear when you before user login’s or after user has logged in ?
    • Does black screen appears when you lock your pc?
    This problem occurs because of a change in the behavior of Win Logon and Logon UI. This change introduces the potential for the deadlock.

I would also suggest you to install all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Follow the Below steps:

• Type settings in the Search area on the taskbar and select Settings
    • Select Update and Security.
    • Click on Windows Update and select Check for Updates

Keep us posted with the status of the issue. We’ll be glad to assist if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Sujay Balraj, Dec 25, 2019
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Black screen just before logon screen windows 10 - Similar Threads - Black screen before

2. Windows 10 black screen before login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 black screen before login.: Before any system processes start, Windows 10 gives me a black screen. Connecting another monitor does not work, enabling secure boot does not work and unplugging all usb devices also did not work. I have tried using safe mode but the screen goes black. System restore through...
  3. black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    black screen,, unable to logon to windows 10: I today when i tried to start my HP desktop,, windows started to come up and got the the windows logo and the screen went black. I tried some the of the self helps but put myself in a jackpot where now i don't even see the window logo on startup. is there any way to undo...
  4. Windows 10 Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Black screen before login screen: Looks like alot of people have this issue. This is a brand new pc that has recently started loading into a black screen for about 5-10minutes before finally showing the login page. Anyone else have this issue? What is the consensus to fix? submitted by /u/Nevinyrral...
  5. Black Screen On Boot or Freezing at Logon Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen On Boot or Freezing at Logon Screen: I just performed a complete, clean installation of Windows 10 x64 on my upgraded PC. I have a strange issue where my PC now freezes up at the logon screen. I have an MSI MPG Gaming Edge motherboard and so when I boot up my PC, the EDGE logo comes up, and then the blue squares...
  6. Windows 10 Black screen before log in

Windows 10 Black screen before log in: I rebooted my laptop this morning as it was running slow, and upon rebooting it came up to a black screen only showing my cursor before logging in. I'm obviously unable to login, and Advanced Repair isn't an option as no Windows logo ever appears and only my HP logo I...
  7. Black screen before login screen

Black screen before login screen: Hello everyone. I have recently experienced a problem with Windows 10. Whenever I select Windows 10 (I have dual-boot configuration, the other OS is Ubuntu), it normally boots and I hear the startup sound. I also see the mouse indicator and I can sometimes control it, yet...
  8. Black Screen Before Sign-in Screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Sign-in Screen: I've been having this problem from the 1809 update of oct 2018. This problem is annoying me so much. I've tried all the solutions that microsoft suggested but no luck. I'll be getting the black screen with the cursor on for like 8 to 15 seconds. Please if anyone facing the...
  9. Windows 10 Black Screen Just Before Login Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Black Screen Just Before Login Screen.: Hi guys, I'm running a new and clean install of windows 10 pro on a desktop computer (Acer Aspire AX1301 X64) which previously ran Windows 7 Ultimate.Occasionally when I boot up, the screen will go black and seems that the keyboard is disengaged when this happens. The...
  10. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...