Windows 10: Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor

Discus and support Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was 26% into the update and i got a black screen with an unmovable cursor, this is the second time that has happened to me while trying to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nevermindmybusiness, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor

I was 26% into the update and i got a black screen with an unmovable cursor, this is the second time that has happened to me while trying to install the latest update and the first time i tried resetting the pc (since my pc doesn't automatically reset itself for some reason so i thought it would be that) and i just got a recovering system files message or something like that, hinting that the update didn't work. So i tried it again now but i got the exact same black screen. What do i do? Do i wait for something else to appear or do i just reset the pc?

Edit: I reseted it and got a message saying it was 48% into the update but then the screen went black and now sometimes the image reappears for like half a second and it dissapears again, is this normal?

submitted by /u/nevermindmybusiness
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nevermindmybusiness, Oct 13, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor [​IMG]

Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor

1. Black screen mid update and unmovable cursor - Similar Threads - Black screen mid

2. Black Screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with cursor: Hello,tonight I install the 22H2 update all fine and turn off the PC, today I turn on and after the boot I get black screen with cursor blinking in the top left corner, what's happening?From pc boot menu it's the same, I select the SSD disk and nothing happens... Note: If I...
  3. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor: Hello,I have a problem with my computer. When I turn it on, the screen is black and I can only see the cursor. I've found that this question has been asked before like in here:...
  4. Black screen with cursor even in safe mode after power cut mid update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor even in safe mode after power cut mid update: as the title says, my friend is having an issue where his power went off mid update. Now he is having issues where he gets a black screen with a functional cursor after logging in, even in safe mode. he can do Ctrl+Alt+Del but after clicking on task manager it does not...
  5. Black Screen with Cursor after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen with Cursor after update: Hi I'm now getting a black screen with the cursor displayed after updating Windows 10. I cannot access the task manager or boot in safe mode. Which is all the suggested fixes I can find. How can I fix this?...
  6. Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  7. Updating to 1809 - Black Screen with Cursor :(

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updating to 1809 - Black Screen with Cursor :(: Hey! I've been trying to Update to my machines to 1809, but with barely any success so far. The Issue im facing right now, is that all local accounts (new ones and old ones), face a roughly 90 second black screen after logging in. The cursor is visible in the meantime and I...
  8. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  9. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...