Windows 10: Black screen no cursor previous screen of starting repair

Discus and support Black screen no cursor previous screen of starting repair in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; One of my coworkers recently bought a new Toshiba laptop. He has only had it a few months before one day he turned his comp on and it loaded into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by drdrew91, May 10, 2016.

1. drdrew91 Win User

Black screen no cursor previous screen of starting repair

One of my coworkers recently bought a new Toshiba laptop. He has only had it a few months before one day he turned his comp on and it loaded into starting recovery repair or something along those lines. he tried turning it on and off a few times only to be stuck in the starting recovery repair screen. fast forward a few days later and the comp will turn on as in power button/caps lock/Num lock lights up and the fan turns on. I can't tell if the hard drive is kicking on. Black screen no cursor no nothing. I have tried turning it off taking the battery out and pressing the power button and then restarting but... I get nothing.

Any ideas how I can get this thing to start working again? He doesnt have anything important on the comp just used it for emailing and youtube.

Let me know what you guys think any help is appreciated...

:)

drdrew91, May 10, 2016

2. How can you fix a black screen with a cursor on Windows 10 startup?

Hello, I have a HP Pavilion 15-g019wm Notebook and I'm experincing a black screen at startup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get this

HP

Perparing Automatic Repair

After the Auto Repair screen I get a screen with a cursor, The CMD opens for a second then I get the screen

L (The L is the cursor)

ShaneBrewer, May 10, 2016
  3. babytub25 Win User
    Windows 10 It's taking longer than usual, but it should be ready screen?

Upgraded my Hp laptop to Windows 10 and the screen got stuck the title above and then said let get started then the screen goes black with the cursor still visible then nothing happens, no home screen just black screen with cursor issues.

babytub25, May 10, 2016
  4. caperjack Win User

did he let it do the recovery repair, if not let it, see what happens next ,, depending on what brand the laptop is ,maybe hitting a F key ,like F12[you will need to check the makers website or the laptop manual maybe for the correct F key ] will bring it to a boot option screen ,when you get to this ,run the manufactory recover option

caperjack, May 10, 2016
  5. drdrew91 Win User
    Just checked with him. It appears the recovery would never finish loading so he turned the laptop off. he has done this multiple times now (30 possibly) and it has a black screen on startup. I have tried pushing different F keys on startup but no luck.

drdrew91, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Black screen no cursor previous screen of starting repair - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black screen with cursor after automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor after automatic repair: I've searched similar issues here but any solutions wouldnt work. My laptop Acer Aspire E15 starts up with just the acer logo without the spinning cirlces. After a few minutes, it'll say "preparing automatic repair" and it just stays like that for a few mins until it finishes...
  3. Black screen with cursor after automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor after automatic repair: I've searched similar issues here but any solutions wouldnt work. My laptop Acer Aspire E15 starts up with just the acer logo without the spinning cirlces. After a few minutes, it'll say "preparing automatic repair" and it just stays like that for a few mins until it finishes...
  4. Black screen with cursor after automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  6. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  7. Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  8. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  9. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...