Windows 10: Black screen, no cursor

Discus and support Black screen, no cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So last night my laptop froze up and i was forced to hard restart it but when it logged back in the screen was completely black except for the cursor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamPortch, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Black screen, no cursor

So last night my laptop froze up and i was forced to hard restart it but when it logged back in the screen was completely black except for the cursor. Since restarting a few times now if i wait about ten minutes the screen will load the default windows 10 background plus partially the Taskbar only including some applications and the time but not the rest of it i.e. battery power etc. the rest doesnt load no desktop icons appear at all including recycling bin and what application i can get to appear on the taskbar by going through the start menu dont actually appear. I can get the task manager to be visible in the task bar but will not appear on the actual desktop so is not usable. Also if i try to open applications that require approval the screen will dim as it usually does but no administrative controls appear at all. No box or options but if i hit enter it returns so the options must be somewhat there? Ctr alt del results in a black screen and will not return to the desktop from what ive founf and requires a restart. Another issue is that my laptop screen is broken so im forced to use a hdmi + tv combo but this results in there being no connection until the log in screen which means j cant navigate system restore or go to safe mode from start up. Im not sure the search bar config way of doing safe mode will work either since i cant interact with open applications.

:)

AdamPortch, Sep 10, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Black screen at initial startup, no cursor

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested and check the status of the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Black screen with cursor after Windows 10 update

Cyril Robinson AzariahJ, Sep 10, 2018
  4. Black screen, no cursor

Black Screen with Mouse Cursor with continual repair loops

Next I did select volume and list volume X:

Black screen, no cursor [​IMG]

Black screen, no cursor [​IMG]

naturalbodz, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Black screen, no cursor

1. Black screen, no cursor - Similar Threads - Black screen cursor

2. Black Screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen with cursor: Hello,tonight I install the 22H2 update all fine and turn off the PC, today I turn on and after the boot I get black screen with cursor blinking in the top left corner, what's happening?From pc boot menu it's the same, I select the SSD disk and nothing happens... Note: If I...
  3. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen with cursor: Hello,I have a problem with my computer. When I turn it on, the screen is black and I can only see the cursor. I've found that this question has been asked before like in here:...
  4. Black screen with a cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with a cursor: When I turn on my pc Windows 10 all I see is a black screen but I can see the cursor and I cant open task manager and can’t start it using safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-with-a-cursor/31c6ac8e-7e78-4b45-99dc-6f9d4422757d
  5. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor: My computer won't start up. It gets past the Acer screen, then it goes to a black screen where I can only see the cursor. I think this started after the most recent Windows 10 update. I go into Troubleshoot and then Advanced Options, but nothing works there. I've tried...
  6. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with cursor: I have installed windows 10 and after login there's only black screen with a cursor. I haven't installed any apps on it and I have no idea what could've caused it. I have tried various fixes but none work. I can open task manager. When I try to run explorer task it appears...
  7. Black Screen With Cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen With Cursor: Hello, So today I turned on my computer and it was updating and sec later the power went off. When I turned it back again it asked me to select my keyboard language after that it showed me some options like troubleshoot so I clicked at troubleshoot and selected startup...
  8. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Black screen with cursor: Living in Fear: Updated to Ten (Gateway SX-2800), it worked for a month. After an update came black screen with cursor. TenForum solution (3 shutdowns before full start) and restart fixed. Updated video and other drivers. Another update event, happened again, this time...
  9. Black screen with cursor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen with cursor.: Hi, I am prajwal , my PC is facing a problem.when I installed drivers in my PC, after that screen had become black with cursor , I could not able to do anything, I can't see task manager too.So I want to format my PC.But I want to back up all my stuffs.What and how I should...
  10. Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with cursor: My Windows 10 was running perfectly well for one full week. Then this morning I noticed it installed some update and after reboot the screen went black and the cursor appeared. I tried every thing but nothing helped. I cannot even access the troubleshooting, bios, repair,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no cursor on screen

2. black screen no cursor

3. is balck screen no cursor usually mean n