Windows 10: Black screen, no hard drive activity on win 10 installation

Discus and support Black screen, no hard drive activity on win 10 installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm having problems upgrading to Windows 10; on the install part with the circle it reaches 70% overall and goes to a black screen with no cursor or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aperson, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Aperson Win User

Black screen, no hard drive activity on win 10 installation

I'm having problems upgrading to Windows 10; on the install part with the circle it reaches 70% overall and goes to a black screen with no cursor or hard drive activity. I have tryed installing five times now and have been reverted back to Windows 8.1 each time. I don't have access to error codes or pictures atm, I'm on my phone. Any help would be appreciated (i have intergrated graphics from intel if it helps)

:)

Aperson, Aug 2, 2015

2. Windows 10 black screen no hard drive activity

I have an as us k52f laptop

i had windows 7 on it

While installing windows 10 I left to let it do its thing only to find that when I hit the power button the fans start but the screen stays black and I notice my hd activity light is off I found that when I unplugged the power cable and hit the power button
    it would turn off immediately unless I held down the esc key (screen and hd stayed dead) please help!

PetrosRoberts, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 black screen no hard drive activity

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that you're experiencing boot failure issue after upgrade to Windows 10.

As you mentioned that the fan rotates but the hard drive remain inactive when you restart the computer. You have tried unplugging the power cable and hitting the power button multiple times but hard drive remains dead. This appears to be a hardware
    issue. I would suggest you to contact the computer manufacturer or a local tech shop and get a hardware diagnosis performed on the computer to identify the faulty hardware part.

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Black screen, no hard drive activity on win 10 installation

1. Black screen, no hard drive activity on win 10 installation - Similar Threads - Black screen hard

2. Win 7 install after hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 install after hard drive: My Dell Desktop PC came with Win 10. I hate Win 10, Could not duel boot with Win 7 so I debaned HD and tried to install Win 7. Would not install. Kept getting notice “Setup does not support configuration of or installation top disks connected through a USB or IEEE 1394 port.”...
  3. hard drive/ Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive/ Win 10: I have an HP touch screen laptop with a bad hard drive and wanted to install a hard drive froma Toshiba with problems but a good hard drive. I want to remove everything that has to do with Toshiba from the hard drive and load Windows 10. I had tried the Toshiba hard drive and...
  4. Missing hard drive after win 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing hard drive after win 10 install: I recently installed windows 10 on a computer as a dual boot with windows 7. In win 7 there were 2 hard drives and 3 optical with all being accessible. I partitioned the C drive and installed 10 successfully. Win 7 still sees all drives as previously. I have just noticed...
  5. install Win 10 on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  6. install Win 10 on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    install Win 10 on external hard drive: Hello, I wonder if there is a chance to install Win 10 on external hard drive (USB 3.0 ) I tryied win to usb but the free ver doesnt support the latest windown 10 1089 . Thanks in advance 131215
  7. installing Win 10 on new hard drive

installing Win 10 on new hard drive: Hi I have a peculiar problem. recently my Lenovo G50-80 crashed. When inserting a bootable Win 10 repair/recovery flash drive, it would not boot from it even though boot order was changed accordingly in BIOS. I eventually resorted to removing the hdd, after which the...
  8. Missing Hard drive after installing Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Hard drive after installing Win 10: Hi, So my buddy installed Windows 10 and now one of his hard drives simply will not show up. It's listed in device manager but not in explorer. He had Vista installed and made a clean install of 10. Any clues how he should go about getting the drive to show up without...
  9. Black screen after installing WIN 10

Black screen after installing WIN 10: Hello evreryone, When upgrading my TABLET (not a PC) from Win 8.1 to Win 10, windows system told me that I don't have enough memory space to install win 10 and give to me the option that I can use a micro SD card memory to install win 10. I choose this option and insert a...
  10. Win 10 installed on separate hard drive changes win 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 installed on separate hard drive changes win 7: I installed Windows 10 on a separate hard drive in my computer to keep from messing up my Windows 7 installation. It appears windows 10 still makes changes to windows 7 even on a separate hard drive. See attached picture. I can not correct this using the system repair disk or...