Windows 10: Black screen, Now PC won't post.

Discus and support Black screen, Now PC won't post. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; B450 Tomahawk Max Ryzen 5 3600x GTX 1660 Super Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3200mhz Getting red CPU LED on motherboard. Have reseated RAM and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by helpplease3678, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Black screen, Now PC won't post.

B450 Tomahawk Max
    Ryzen 5 3600x

GTX 1660 Super

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB 3200mhz

Getting red CPU LED on motherboard.

Have reseated RAM and CPU.

Have also Removed CMOS battery

Was having problems before with my PC BSOD, won't post I got new RAM and installed a new windows started fresh and it was working fine until this morning.

Was on youtube listening to music and got a black screen. Turned PC off and it now won't post. On my motherboard I'm getting a red led next to CPU. I was getting this error before when i was having problems but new ram and fresh windows installation fixed it. Note that i only fixed these problems a few days ago but it really has been working perfectly since.

Also my motherboard has lighting on it. When it first boots up it goes like a light blue but afterwards goes red. At first it was blue, but after reseating RAM and my CPU the lighting does go to red which is what it is normally on when my PC is working.

Any ideas for a fix? Can't even get into it to look through event viewer unfortunately.

:)

helpplease3678, Apr 2, 2021
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Apr 2, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Xjoejoex Win User

Black screen, Now PC won't post.

Hp laptop screen won’t display except occasionally

Black screen, Now PC won't post. [​IMG]

I would like to note that step 20 comes up with no files. Perhaps this could be the source of the issues?

Xjoejoex, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Black screen, Now PC won't post.

1. Black screen, Now PC won't post. - Similar Threads - Black screen won't

2. Black screen after sign in page post update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen after sign in page post update: Hi, so my laptop runs windows 10. I sae there was an update for windows 10 and also an option to update to windows 11, i ignored both. I went to put my laptop into sleep mode because i was going out and saw it was updating before going into sleep mode. Im unsure if it was the...
  3. My pc won't post

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't post: My pc won't turn on but my cpu and gpu fans are spinning with no signal on monitor Things i tried1- reset cmos battery 2- cleaning and reseat ram3- cleaning and reseat gpuhttps://youtube.com/shorts/FDJLd8P0rJw?feature=share...
  4. My pc won't post

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't post: My pc won't turn on but my cpu and gpu fans are spinning with no signal on monitor Things i tried1- reset cmos battery 2- cleaning and reseat ram3- cleaning and reseat gpuhttps://youtube.com/shorts/FDJLd8P0rJw?feature=share...
  5. My pc won't post

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC POST BOOT SCREEN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC POST BOOT SCREEN: So I have just built my very first pc ever, and have gotten to post with no issue, however after using my USB stick to install windows 10 to my SSD, the pc restarted and during the time it was "getting everything ready" it reset again and now whenever it boots up instead of...
  7. Windows 10 black screen after POST

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen after POST: My computer has been built for a while now. It has always seemed to struggle to boot - it has to "boot" twice each time. Sometimes it black screens after POST, but after restarting it boots normally. But now when I turn it on, it stays in the black screen after POST and...
  8. Win10 updated, now black screen and won't boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 updated, now black screen and won't boot: Hello, I'm using a HP Pavilion laptop, not sure on the specs. The other day an update was installed and it auto-restarted. When I went to restart again it showed there were more updates to install. After a few minutes of them being installed it went to a black screen....
  9. PC won't start, stucks at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    PC won't start, stucks at black screen: I don't know if it's an OS problem or idk anything at all just everytime when i try to boot it up i only see the logo (i can enter BIOS) and then everything turns black, i neither know how this happened or when? i just wokeup and couldn't start my PC. im running windows 10...
  10. Won't book, won't post

in Windows 10 Support
    Won't book, won't post: Hi. I have problems I came to my pc today, and it wouldn't boot. After numerous attempts, and failure to enter the BIOS, I was shown the refresh/repair /reset page. I tried refresh, that did not resolve the issue. After a few more attempts to boot, I got that choice...