Windows 10: Black screen of death and blinking cursor after login... HELP!

Discus and support Black screen of death and blinking cursor after login... HELP! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I've been racking my mind and exhausted every possible forum for solutions. I hadn't done any updates so I'm assuming it might be due... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DAntonio8, Oct 10, 2020.

1. DAntonio8 Win User

Black screen of death and blinking cursor after login... HELP!

Hello everyone,

I've been racking my mind and exhausted every possible forum for solutions. I hadn't done any updates so I'm assuming it might be due to an automatic update. When I tried to start the computer up this morning I got this black screen with a cursor after putting in my password. Since then its been 10 hours of searching and trying different things to no end. I tried leaving the computer on for 2 hours thinking it might fix itself, but it did nothing. I'm a medical student and am working on my thesis so I can't afford to lose any data. Beyond ridiculous. I need help.

Things I've tried:

ctrl+alt+del: doesn't work doesn't open task manager

crtl+shift+esc: did nothing

Safe mode with and without networking: also black screen

restore from an backup: still black

alt+f4+enter: did nothing

restoring from previous version: error message came up

So thats where I am now. What are my options?

Thanks in advance!

:)

DAntonio8, Oct 10, 2020
  2. BetsyCole Win User

Black screen with blinking cursor

I run Windows 10 and have a black screen with a blinking cursor in the upper left corner. I can hit Control, Alt, Delete, and it reboots momentarily, show the Dell logo and F2 Setup anf F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Regardless of what key
    I hit, it goes right back to the Black screen w/ cursor. I can't seem to do anything. Any suggestions?

BetsyCole, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Ar Rom Win User
    Black screen with blinking cursor

Hello,

This issue regarding the black screen and blinking cursor maybe due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. There are certain steps that we can do to troubleshoot this issue. Let's follow the methods provided by Aadland on August 8, 2015 on this

link
    and see if this will resolve your concern.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Oct 10, 2020
  4. BetsyCole Win User

Black screen with flashing cursor

Two weeks ago I had to delete and reload Windows 10. A few days ago my screen suddenly went black with the blinking cursor in the top left hand corner.

I can only do a hard reboot, and when I do, on my screen I briefly get the Dell logo with
    F2 Set Up / F12 Boot Options in the lower right corner. Then it quickly reverts to a black screen with blinking cursor. Pressing either of the F2 /F12 keys has no effect.

I have attempted to do a hard boot 3 & 4 times in succession but it always comes back to the black screen with blinking cursor.

No sticky key combinations that I have seen mentioned on the Community page work at all. I'm stuck on the black screen with cursor.

Any suggestions?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

BetsyCole, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Black screen of death and blinking cursor after login... HELP! - Similar Threads - Black screen death

2. Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login: I have been lately dealing with a problem with my windows 10 PC.everything upto login works fine, right after i login the screen turns black and a blinking taskbar comes upI can only open the task manager, other things wont work, not even run...when I select the task manager...
  3. Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login: I have been lately dealing with a problem with my windows 10 PC.everything upto login works fine, right after i login the screen turns black and a blinking taskbar comes upI can only open the task manager, other things wont work, not even run...when I select the task manager...
  4. Black screen with a blinking taskbar after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen With Cursor after Login

Black Screen With Cursor after Login: Hello, i have some issues with my laptop after i turn on the power button, and fill up my lockscreen password, the screen is turning black but i can still move the cursor, is there any idea how to fix this? pls help :...
  6. Blinking taskbar with black screen after login

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blinking taskbar with black screen after login: I have lately been dealing with the problem of blinking task bar with a black screen for a month now and need some help. It starts to happen right after I login and takes a rough estimate of 5 minute to go back to normal, I followed the steps of this post...
  7. Black screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen with cursor after login: When I logged in to my windows 10, I saw a black screen with movable cursor so I tried a lots of fixes but it didn't work for me. At last I tried to restart my graphics driver by pressing windows key ± Ctrl + shift +B , it started working normally but when I shutdowned my PC...
  8. Black Screen of Death after Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen of Death after Login: I installed an update today and ever since then I've been getting the BSOD after login. I have tried everything, safe mode, restore (worked on first boot but went back after reboot). I also did the restore and even then it still does the same thing. Not sure what else I can...
  9. Black screen with cursor after login?

Black screen with cursor after login?: So, I purchased a (nearly new) laptop from someone recently, and started it up to find that the taskbar didn't want to respond to my mouse. A website suggested I use the task manager to End Task the Windows Explorer and, like a Fool, I did. Now, the screen's black (though I...
  10. Black Screen with cursor after login

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen with cursor after login: Good day, I really hope someone could guide me to a solution. I have a fairly new Dell G5, with a SSD running the OS (Win 10 home), and important apps. Everytime I restart, or shut down or any form of normal boot up, the Notebook starts quickly, up to the login screen. After...