Windows 10: Black screen of death before login and ctrl alt del doesn't work

Discus and support Black screen of death before login and ctrl alt del doesn't work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My pc just sort of crashed after an attempted restart and every time the black screen of death happens and ctrl alt del doesnt work. F8 doesnt work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samwhite3, Jun 13, 2019.

1. samwhite3 Win User

Black screen of death before login and ctrl alt del doesn't work

My pc just sort of crashed after an attempted restart and every time the black screen of death happens and ctrl alt del doesnt work. F8 doesnt work.

Specs rx 480 i5 8600k 16gb ram 480gb ssd 1tb hdd

:)

samwhite3, Jun 13, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi Dan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Have you installed all pending updates?
    • Are you able to log into Desktop?
    • Is the issue specific to Ctrl + Alt + Del screen?

Black screen error can occur if the computer is not up to date with all Drivers and Windows updates. Install all pending updates and check if that helps.

Refer the link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if that helps

Troubleshoot black screen problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Dan27_11 Win User
    CTRL ALT DEL Black Screen

Hi there, whenever my PC crashes (mainly during games) and I try to CTRL ALT DEL, I get to a black screen with just a cursor and am forced to shut down my PC. Any way I can fix this?

Duplicate thread : Ctrl + Alt + Del Black Screen requires HDMI unplug/replug.

When my PC crashes and I try to Ctrl + Alt + Del I get a black screen. Unplugging the HDMI and putting it back in brings back my screen but this isn't great as my desktop icons rearrange. Is the a proper fix for the black screen issue? Thanks.

Dan27_11, Jun 13, 2019
  4. Black screen of death before login and ctrl alt del doesn't work

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

The whole Ctrl+Shift+Esc should be used to get that crazy screen with those options and Ctrl+Alt+Del should bring up TM.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Black screen of death before login and ctrl alt del doesn't work

1. Black screen of death before login and ctrl alt del doesn't work - Similar Threads - Black screen death

2. Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.: Hi,I hope someone can help me. I was on my laptop the other day and ended up with a malware pop up on my laptop. I did a Norton scan, and it said it fixed everything I just needed to restart for everything to be back to normal.. I've not been able to get to my home screen. I...
  3. Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.: Hi,I hope someone can help me. I was on my laptop the other day and ended up with a malware pop up on my laptop. I did a Norton scan, and it said it fixed everything I just needed to restart for everything to be back to normal.. I've not been able to get to my home screen. I...
  4. Blacks screen with cursor on laptop. CTRL + ALT + DEL doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  6. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    about ctrl alt del login: hi i want to know how to use ctrl alt del to login on my pc and to change it to ctrl alt del to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-ctrl-alt-del-login/3f403214-0b1b-4d35-ba8d-53bf33a20781
  7. about ctrl alt del login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Ctrl-Alt-Del not working at login screen: I have a Panasonic Toughpad running Windows 10 Pro that has recently stopped accepting Ctrl-Alt-Del at the login screen. I press the key combo and it flickers like it is going to the login prompt but it just goes back to the screen telling me to press ctrl-alt-del to unlock...
  9. Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forced to ctrl+Alt +Del to login: Running windows 10 completely updated When I boot up my HP Envy 17 inch laptop it arrives at the lock screen. Clicking any key on the keyboard DOES NOT get me to the password/PIN prompt neither does the on screen keyboard. I need to click my mouse to bring up the...
  10. black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen Ctrl+Alt+Del: Windows 10 all updates installed 4770K Asus 7970 top 3 GB 16GB ddr 3 SSD Evo 250gb for windows and a few games with around 90GB free space HDD 1TB A few times recently my computer didnt boot into windows.. A few times it booted to black screen with 'ctrl+alt+del restart'.....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the black screen of death windows wp cotrol Alt delete does nothing