Windows 10: Black screen of death - Common solutions fail

Discus and support Black screen of death - Common solutions fail in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm recieving a black screen with cursor after login. A common enough problem, but so far none of the common solutions have changed anything.I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rakkuken, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Rakkuken Win User

Black screen of death - Common solutions fail

I'm recieving a black screen with cursor after login. A common enough problem, but so far none of the common solutions have changed anything.I can access the Ctrl+Alt+Delete screen but the task manager won't launch. Clicking that option takes me back to my black screen with a brief loading ring next to my cursor. Nothing happens after that. As a result the solutions that use the task manager to forcibly launch explorer.exe are not available to me. Solutions involving safe mode are also unavailable. The problem persists in an identical manner, though at lower resolution, to a normal boot.I have

:)

Rakkuken, Nov 25, 2021
  2. bro67 Win User

Black Screen Of Death

The Black Screen of Death is caused by a Display driver issue.

bro67, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Almost Black Screen of Death?

Okay, so my sister was trying to watch a Blu Ray DVD in my computer last night, but of course it didn't work. She ended up watching a normal DVD and it was fine. After she finished, I turned off my computer normally. This morning, however, I tried turning on my computer and it gave me the normal code screen thing with quite text and a black background. This time, instead of booting normally it said "Press [Esc] to boot... (instert countdown here)" I waited and didn't press anything and it just came to a screen that was almost black and almost blue. The cursor didn't pop up and when I pressed Crl, Alt, and Delete it went back to the white text code screen. I attempted pressing Esc like it said, but it all led back to the almost black screen of death.
    I called my one of my family members for help because they are a tech guru, and they suggested unplugging everything (which I had done and proved unsuccessful), taking out the RAM and putting it back it, and still nothing. They then suggested pressing F8 when I boot up my computer, and it comes to the pop up window with two things to select. One that's called Sata and the other that's called CD or something. I tried selecting both of them, but yet again, the almost black screen of death.
    After my several attempts, my family member told me to try to safe reboot using the CD we have saved for my computer as a backup. There was no DVD in my computer during all these attempts.
    Was this caused by the Blu Ray, and any ideas on what to do? Thanks!

Quinn McAuley, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Black screen of death - Common solutions fail

Black Screen of Death

If when you power on your computer, you get no Splash Screen Logo (Dell, HP, etc.) and all you ever see is black, that normally indicates a hardware problem.

I suggest that you get it tested by a Computer Tech.

Cheers.

Bill Smithers, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Black screen of death - Common solutions fail

1. Black screen of death - Common solutions fail - Similar Threads - Black screen death

2. Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen of death: Hello. I turn off PC and after that when I try to turn on again it was showing me black screen with no cursor and logo was not appearing. Just black screen I tried F8 But it didn't work pls help me. Thank your....
  3. Black screen of death - Common solutions fail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen of death - Common solutions fail: I'm recieving a black screen with cursor after login. A common enough problem, but so far none of the common solutions have changed anything.I can access the Ctrl+Alt+Delete screen but the task manager won't launch. Clicking that option takes me back to my black screen with a...
  4. Black screen of death - Common solutions fail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen of death - Common solutions fail: I'm recieving a black screen with cursor after login. A common enough problem, but so far none of the common solutions have changed anything.I can access the Ctrl+Alt+Delete screen but the task manager won't launch. Clicking that option takes me back to my black screen with a...
  5. Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen of death: Plse guys I need help...Im currently using a Toshiba Satellite C850 and the 1 moment,after I'd just did a clean installation of Windows 10,installed some new software,including Avast Antivirus,and the system just shut off while I was busy,still not sure what exactly...
  6. Black screen of death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen of death: Hey I need some help with my computer, so basically one morning my computers fans are going and signed me out I think nothing of it and start using my computer than it randomly semi restarts, the screen goes black no error message restarts and brings me to windows advanced...
  7. Black screen of death

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen of death: I was playing a game and it froze. Then i restarted my computer but it got stuck on the blue restarting screen for minutes so I unplugged my computer and plugged it back up, but the infinite windows loading screen started. At this point I'm like oh shit so I looked up a video...
  8. Common Meanings Of A Blue Screen Of Death

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Common Meanings Of A Blue Screen Of Death: What Are The Common Meanings Of BSOD Code 0x5C? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/common-meanings-of-a-blue-screen-of-death/a8cbd77e-c4fc-4d2a-8f00-32f3df14aae7
  9. Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Support
    Black Screen of Death: Hi guys, hoping to get some help here. My laptop did an update about 2 weeks ago. My computer started running slow immediately afterwards and finally crashes. When I try to do 3 hard restarts it goes to repair mode and then the black screen of death for over 24 hours. I've...
  10. "Black" screen of Death

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    "Black" screen of Death: I think this qualifies for this BSOD section...please ignore if it doesn't. Everything is operating normally on my computer and I'll have an unpredictable black screen. No warning, just black. At that point, the power is still running the system drives, but nothing will...