Windows 10: Black Screen of death, random overheating, and glitchy screen

Discus and support Black Screen of death, random overheating, and glitchy screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, so, sometimes my pc just goes black and starts overheating, sometimes the display drivers dont start up correctly,, sometimes the pc just doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mercrist_089, Mar 19, 2020.

1. Black Screen of death, random overheating, and glitchy screen

Hello, so, sometimes my pc just goes black and starts overheating, sometimes the display drivers dont start up correctly,, sometimes the pc just doesnt boot, and sometimes the screen just looks like this. Oh yea and the screen flickers a lot too.

I tried everything from reconnecting pins in my motherboard to reinstalling the gpu drivers. Just what is going on??

EDIT: Forgot to add that sometimes, i can use it uninterrupted for long virtual machine work and gaming sessions with no issues. Then the next time I use my pc it randomly acts up.

submitted by /u/Mercrist_089
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mercrist_089, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Clark Ari Win User

random rebooting with sudden black screens

Hi József,

A black screen error likely occurs due to a corrupted driver or user profile. Other factors that can cause the issue are software conflicts and overheating. As an initial troubleshooting regarding your black screen issue, we suggest performing the
    recommended steps provided on this link. Under "Troubleshoot
    black screen or blank screen errors"
    , select the option that's applicable to you.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Random Black Screen

Re-installed Catalyst 8.35 drivers (from the original cd) - no luck. Still getting the random black screen.

TribeBuckeyeFan, Mar 19, 2020
  4. Black Screen of death, random overheating, and glitchy screen

Windows 7 black screen of death

I read a report a little while ago that said the black screens were nothing to do with updates but due to a malicious program (it hit more than just windows 7 users - vista, xp and 2000 were also prone to the black startup screen of death if infected). My windows 7 install is fully up-to-date and i've never had the black startup screen.

Just run some decent anti virus and you should be safe (i suggest microsoft security essentails since it's free and pretty decent). When you've installed an anti-virus i'd suggest doing a full scen to be sure there's nothing there.

human_error, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

Black Screen of death, random overheating, and glitchy screen

1. Black Screen of death, random overheating, and glitchy screen - Similar Threads - Black Screen death

2. Black Screen of Death occurring at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen of Death occurring at random: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with my computer constantly at random suddenly freezing, though I can still interact with some windows but others don't allow for any device input ex: cannot be un-minimized or alt-tabed onto. After a few minutes, the black screen of death...
  3. Black Screen of Death occurring at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen of Death occurring at random: Hi,I have been experiencing an issue with my computer constantly at random suddenly freezing, though I can still interact with some windows but others don't allow for any device input ex: cannot be un-minimized or alt-tabed onto. After a few minutes, the black screen of death...
  4. Black Screen of Death occurring at random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random Black Screen of Death

Random Black Screen of Death: My computer has been having random black screen where nothing responds until it reboots itself after 2-5min.Computer has been stress tested for mutliple hours without any issues but while idling or while doing simple browsing, it randomly crashes. Event Viewer has little to...
  6. Random Black Screen of Death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screen of Death: My computer has been having random black screen where nothing responds until it reboots itself after 2-5min.Computer has been stress tested for mutliple hours without any issues but while idling or while doing simple browsing, it randomly crashes. Event Viewer has little to...
  7. Random Black Screen of Death

8. Black screen of death

Black screen of death: HI microsoft i have a problem where i resetted my pc and now all i see is a black screen i have no corsair NO COMMANDS work NO STARTUP REPAIR WORKS i have no restore points i have tried everything what do i do i cant go into task manager or nothing like that PLS HELP Do i...
  9. Black Screen of Death

Black Screen of Death: After login, the screen just goes black. I can see my mouse pointer. The PC runs fine in safe mode. This happened after an update so i tried to uninstall the update but as soon as i do windows just reinstalls it again. The video driver is up-to-date....
  10. Random Black Death Screen *Repost with update*

Random Black Death Screen *Repost with update*: Okay, so I've had this Acer laptop for a good few years, always worked fine, but a few months ago, it's started doing something strange. During start up, the computer acts completely fine, but the moment I log in and reach the desktop, it starts randomly going black for...