Windows 10: Black screen of death when playing games

Discus and support Black screen of death when playing games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello guys, When I play any game (World War Z, Rainbow Six Siege, Wolfenstein Youngblood, and Far Cry 3), I got the black screen of death. I thought... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AxisGaming97, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Black screen of death when playing games

Hello guys,

When I play any game (World War Z, Rainbow Six Siege, Wolfenstein Youngblood, and Far Cry 3), I got the black screen of death. I thought it was a cutscene, but my monitor says "NO SIGNAL". After that, I have to restart my computer with the power button. I am so scared that my files may get corrupted. Is there any fix for this?

- - - Updated - - -

But now, I uninstalled Wolfenstein Youngblood and replaced it with Wolfenstein: The New Order.

- - - Updated - - -

Some of my games can run smoothly without that black screen of death.

:)

AxisGaming97, Nov 20, 2020

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Ztruker Win User
    Black Screen, GPU Fan 100% When Playing Games

I would suggest going back to at least the October version:

Black screen of death when playing games [​IMG]

Ztruker, Nov 20, 2020
  4. TODO5 Win User

Black screen of death when playing games

Black Screen While Playing A Game.

Hello, My pc is experiencing a problems these 5 days, which is a 'black screen' while playing a game the whole screen goes black, and the only cure to this is to restart pc, but it still goes black when I play a game again. [behind the black screen there
    is still playing the audio, and there is no cursor]. I want to find out whats the problem.

TODO5, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Black screen of death when playing games

1. Black screen of death when playing games - Similar Threads - Black screen death

2. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello, I need some help after it happens for months and I still haven't found a proper fix for it yet.So when I play some certain games, the game will freeze after a while and the monitor will lost the connection and turned on Power Saving Mode, sometimes the pc will restart...
  3. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello, I need some help after it happens for months and I still haven't found a proper fix for it yet.So when I play some certain games, the game will freeze after a while and the monitor will lost the connection and turned on Power Saving Mode, sometimes the pc will restart...
  4. Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. screen going black when playing games

screen going black when playing games: screen keeps going black playing games roblox,minecraft,valorant ive asked this before an d got no help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-going-black-when-playing-games/2d1976c0-7fe0-45ba-8a8b-8911f2df4db8
  6. Black screen appear when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen appear when playing game: When I play Minecraft, Horizon Zero Dawn,... I tested all of my games. Like 20 games But they all have the same issue, black screen. Back to 2 days ago, I received an update for Windows 10 Pro. My PC still fine. I got GTX 1060 6GB VRAM, up-to-dated. I updated all of my...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Black Screen of Death when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Pro Black Screen of Death when playing games: Hello Folks, I built my own PC Desktop a few months ago. I used a webpage called Logical Increments to figure out what parts to use. This is what happens most often: After playing a game The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY for about an hour or so the monitor goes blank. The...
  8. Blue Screen Of Death when playing game

Blue Screen Of Death when playing game: Hello, I was playing a game (Heroes & Generals), and the game consistently crashes and shows a Blue Screen of Death (Kernel Security Check Failure). This is the only game that does this, and I have tried to troubleshoot it with no positive results. Please help. My computer...
  9. blue screen of death when started/playing games

blue screen of death when started/playing games: Hi guys! I am getting a blue screen of death every time I start a game. the game I am testing if the BSOD still appearing is Minecraft (Java edition) I had this problem in Windows 7 and Windows 10 all the drivers are up to date! and updates are installed! serial:...
  10. Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games: This is an issue I have been having for some time now. It only occurs when playing games and can happen at any time. I have gotten a few different stop codes, but it is usually Page Fault In Nonpaged Area. I have gone through countless forums and tried many fixes, but to no...