Windows 10: Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP!

Discus and support Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP! in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Soo... today I updated windows to Build 1809 and as usual after the update is completed, I was about to sign in for the first time. I signed in and I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AbhilashMridha, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP!

Soo... today I updated windows to Build 1809 and as usual after the update is completed, I was about to sign in for the first time. I signed in and I was supposed to be greeted by some personalize setting stuff.. but instead BEHOLD the black screen of doom. My screen flashed a few times as if it was updating my graphic driver or something and then... the system became unresponsive, I had to press the reset button on my pc. I figured that it was something related to the smart screen so I somehow managed to disable it. Finally fixed that, then I went on to install some apps from the Store. It opened up just fine no lag or anything, I searched for the app I needed (So far so good) I clicked it (still fine) then I clicked Install (RIP) again the black screen of doom. But the thing is it flashes a few times before it hangs, in that time I can move my mouse so if I manage to close Store or minimize it, the flashing stops I open it again and it again starts. Not just that I decided to ask help on the "Ask Help" app... well it was loading (you know the circle of dots) then suddenly the same thing happened. I managed to minimize it the flashes stopped. I opened it again and RIP PC hang. I actually feel like when I open something which needs you to login to your Microsoft account this happens... this didn't happen before the update idk what the hell happened. So, I figured that the only option is to ask here. Guys please help (sorry for the stupid jokes Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP! :p). Thanks!

P.S. I did try again with Smart Screen ON.

:)

AbhilashMridha, Nov 15, 2018
  2. RaazDost Win User

Doom

• You really love Doom and still play it to this day. You have upgraded your system to Windows 10 and want to continue to play Doom. Doom gives an error when you try to run it. Explain the steps you can take to get Doom to play on your Windows 10 system.

RaazDost, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP!

Black Dots appears on screen

The thread which u provided is when windows hang but in my case it doesn't hang it works fine but as u see in first picture icons,taskbar are displayed

Kushal Bansal, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP!

1. Black screen of DOOM - Store Hang HELP! - Similar Threads - Black screen DOOM

2. Random Black Screens/Hangs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screens/Hangs: HelloThe past few days my PC have been getting random black screens/ hangs forcing me to force restart my pc. It does not give any error message at all so I'm at a loss. This happens randomly when i'm idling on desktop or after closing an application.I have tried some cmd...
  3. Random Black Screens/Hangs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screens/Hangs: HelloThe past few days my PC have been getting random black screens/ hangs forcing me to force restart my pc. It does not give any error message at all so I'm at a loss. This happens randomly when i'm idling on desktop or after closing an application.I have tried some cmd...
  4. Random Black Screens/Hangs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Scheduled windows updates hang on black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scheduled windows updates hang on black screen: I've searched around a bit for this issue and I haven't found anything, so here we are.My system wants to restart my computer whenever it gets an update, so I tell it to do it outside of active hours and it doesn't bother me and gets the updates done. Or at least it's...
  6. doom 2016 on launch showing black screen despite all the fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    doom 2016 on launch showing black screen despite all the fixes: hello after 20h2 update installed doom showing up a black screen tried all fixes and interesting fact is that it ran smoothly earlier my specs i7 processor gpu 750ti 8 gb ram please do the needful...
  7. windows crash, freeze or hang on black screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows crash, freeze or hang on black screen: Hi, i have acer e1-572g under and i installed windows 10 x64, once the windows start updating the issue start with the updatemicro chip driver display The laptop contian amd r7 m265 display card and the windows is not installing the correct driver. and when i do it...
  8. SLOW BOOT TIMES WITH NEW EXT HHD HANGING BLACK SCREEN. HELP!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SLOW BOOT TIMES WITH NEW EXT HHD HANGING BLACK SCREEN. HELP!: Secondary external 8TB HDD WD Mybook, adding blank screen with non flashing white underscore to boot time increasing boot time by 10+ seconds. When I unplug the HDD the whole system boots in 5 seconds or less. Things tried that didn’t work, disabling fast startup and double...
  9. Window starts then hangs at black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Window starts then hangs at black screen: On another window system. The window starts, but it hangs after the window logo with the little dots swirling in a circle. Then it boots to a black screen and just stops. No error code, nothing at all. I already tried to fix startup repair, sfc /scannow and dism. sfc...
  10. Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank): Hey everyone. I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while, or has been in the past. Was upgrading to windows 10, I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck...