Windows 10: Black screen on Asus laptop when opening the lid. Need assistance in fixing.

Discus and support Black screen on Asus laptop when opening the lid. Need assistance in fixing. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So for the last month or so my Asus laptop has been having an unresponsive black screen when I open the lid. I close the lid to put it to sleep at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Lullabye49, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Black screen on Asus laptop when opening the lid. Need assistance in fixing.

So for the last month or so my Asus laptop has been having an unresponsive black screen when I open the lid. I close the lid to put it to sleep at night, and the next day the LED indicating that the laptop is powered on has been lit up. The only way I've been able to fix this has been to hard reset the laptop by holding the power button. Nothing else will make the screen turn on. Clicking the mouse pad, tapping the screen, pressing keys, toggling the function key to enable/disable the screen. Does anyone know of a fix to this?

My suspicion is that it's the fault of update orchestrator but have no evidence of this. Although it has been happening more frequently as time goes on. The desktop computer I have has also been powering on out of sleep mode much more frequently over the past couple of months and will then remain on. Running powercfg -lastwake always shows update orchestrator as being the reason. This is why I suspect it on the laptop as well. I have run Malwarebytes scan and Windows Defender scans and both have turned up nothing.

I'm running windows 10 and the laptop model# Q405UA-BI5T5.

Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1800 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
    Installed Physical Memory RAM 8.00 GB

If additional info is needed, please let me know.

:)

Lullabye49, Apr 9, 2020
  2. x ElBos x Win User

Black screen upon opening my laptop lid.

Now as the name suggests, when I open my laptop lid after closing it, my screen is black. I've seen multiple solutions, most of which incorporate the use of ACPI Lid Power Management. When I attempt to change my ACPI Lid settings, I see no available tabs
    for power management, the only available tabs for me are General, Driver, Details, and Events.

Edit: I forgot to mention I am running an ASUS laptop.

x ElBos x, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Screen stays black after opening lid

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you able to boot the device to desktop with black screen from sleep mode?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

Hi, Thank You forgetting back to me so quickly.

To answer your questions:

1. I am NOT able to get from the black screen after I have opened the lid.

2. I'm assuming that when the lid is closed this automatically puts the computer to sleep. I can hear noise in the background, but can not get the black screen to go away without shutting down and rebooting.

3. I did see an error code when this happened, but was unable to read it because I was logging off.

When I restarted the computer, my desktop would not function. IE when I tried clicking on my task bar, nothing would happen. I powered off the computer, turned it on and it came up.

But again, after I leave the computer (with lid down) for more than 15 minutes, the same problem is happening.

I read through some previous suggestions on here, someone suggested to disable sleep/hibernate mode. I did so, and now things seem to be working OK. My concern is, #1 the problem isn't truly fixed, and #2 Will keeping the computer from going into sleep
    or hibernate mode cause issues?

LindaSardou, Apr 9, 2020
  4. ammo737 Win User

Black screen on Asus laptop when opening the lid. Need assistance in fixing.

Screen stays black after opening lid

I have been getting this issue recently and out of nowhere. I've set my laptop to do nothing if the lid is closed. Previously it would work perfectly. II clos the lid and then re open it the screen wakes up fine. But now whenever i open the lid, the screen
    turns on momentarily and then turns black. I have to press the power button twice to turn on the screen (I've set my laptop to turn off the screen when power button is pressed). I think this is some kind of bug. Can anyone help me fix this?

ammo737, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

Black screen on Asus laptop when opening the lid. Need assistance in fixing.

1. Black screen on Asus laptop when opening the lid. Need assistance in fixing. - Similar Threads - Black screen Asus

2. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  3. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  4. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen when opening lid of laptop back up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen when opening lid of laptop back up: So I've Seen This In A Post From 2019 Those Methods Don't Work For Me Anymore I Have An Alienware m17 R3 And It Seems Only After I Leave The Lid For 10 + Minutes ? It Seems To Not Come Back On And I Have To Hold Down The Power Button Which Is Still On And I Can Hear...
  6. Black screen when opening lid of laptop back up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen when opening lid of laptop back up: So I've Seen This In A Post From 2019 Those Methods Don't Work For Me Anymore I Have An Alienware m17 R3 And It Seems Only After I Leave The Lid For 10 + Minutes ? It Seems To Not Come Back On And I Have To Hold Down The Power Button Which Is Still On And I Can Hear...
  7. Opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Opening laptop lid: Hi Its somthing weird happening my laptop When i open the lid of my laptop more than 90 deg it shuts down It wont happen anything if i open it less than 90 deg I even reinstalled windows but its still not working Email me if u want to see its video: *** Email address is...
  8. Screen stays black after opening lid/sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Screen stays black after opening lid/sleep: My Dell Inspiron is set to sleep when the lid is closed. When I open the lid, the keys light up, and the power button lights up, but the screen stays black and I have to hold the power button to shut the computer down and turn it back on. The computer is up to date with all...
  9. Screen stays black after opening lid

Screen stays black after opening lid: I have been getting this issue recently and out of nowhere. I've set my laptop to do nothing if the lid is closed. Previously it would work perfectly. II clos the lid and then re open it the screen wakes up fine. But now whenever i open the lid, the screen turns on...
  10. Black screen upon opening my laptop lid.

Black screen upon opening my laptop lid.: Now as the name suggests, when I open my laptop lid after closing it, my screen is black. I've seen multiple solutions, most of which incorporate the use of ACPI Lid Power Management. When I attempt to change my ACPI Lid settings, I see no available tabs for power management,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows black screen asus shift down