Windows 10: Black screen on boot after windows update

Discus and support Black screen on boot after windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I did a windows update, and now all I get is a black screen when I boot. No manufacturer logo or windows logo ever shows up, ctrl alt delete doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ruisen2000, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Black screen on boot after windows update

I did a windows update, and now all I get is a black screen when I boot. No manufacturer logo or windows logo ever shows up, ctrl alt delete doesn't do anything.

Tried using the power button to reboot 3 times, but still black screen.

I can toggle num-lock, caps lock, etc on my keyboard and the light turns on while in black screen.

What do I do?

:)

Ruisen2000, Jan 21, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Jan 21, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black screen on boot after windows update

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

Black screen on boot after windows update

1. Black screen on boot after windows update - Similar Threads - Black screen boot

2. Black screen after boot on windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after boot on windows 10: Sir, I bought a new graphics Nvidia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb ddr2. When I seated the graphics on pci x16 port, it started up but after windows 10 boot, I can't see anything...the keyboard power goes out and comes in...on off on off... Now what will i do? I can't see anything...
  3. Black screen after boot on windows 10 on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after boot on windows 10 on: Sir, I bought a new graphics Nvidia geforce 8500 gt 512 mb ddr2. When I seated the graphics on pci x16 port, it started up but after windows 10 boot, I can't see anything...the keyboard power goes out and comes in...on off on off... Now what will i do? I can't see anything...
  4. Black screen after booting Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after booting Windows: I get a black screen after booting my pc, it comes soon after seeing the windows logo. How can I fix the boot-up of the operating system? [Movido para inglês]...
  5. Computer boots to a black screen after latest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer boots to a black screen after latest update.: I was able to get into the recovery menu and uninstalled I think, no way to be sure the update, but the same thing is still happening. It won't go into safe mode, press and press the F8 button, no good. The automatic repair came up a few times, but no good came from that....
  6. Black Screen after Windows Logo on Boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen after Windows Logo on Boot: I encountered this problem when I booted up my desktop, and only one of my two monitors was displaying the desktop screen. The settings were not detecting my monitor, so I configured some settings so that it would display both. I restart my computer, and during the boot...
  7. Black Screen After Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Screen After Boot: Ok so I have had this issue happen to me twice now and the only thing that has changed is that I recently went from a Mamba TE to the Mamba Elite which had me install Synapse 3. What happens is my PC gets through boot, shows the Windows loading circle, but then it just goes...
  8. Black screen after Booting windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after Booting windows 10: Finally after months, windows 10 2004 update offered for my Desktop pc and I’ve updated it and it was good at everything like performance and speed but after 2 or 3 hours my pc download 2020-08 Cumulative update for .Net framework 3.5 and 4.8 for windows 10 version 2004 for...
  9. Windows black screen after booting up

Windows black screen after booting up: I'm using windows in mac book pro by dual boot and haven't encountered any error since 2 yrs . Yesterday night it said update and shutdown , so i did and went to bed . And today when i tried to switch on my mac , windows booted up and it shows blank screen and i don't know...
  10. Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.

Windows won’t boot after update to 1903. Stuck at black screen after boot.: Hi everyone, Here’s my problem - I tried to update my Windows 10 to 1903. I was having issues upgrading through the Control Panel tool (It kept getting stuck at 100% downloading) so I went the other route and downloaded the media creation tool from microsoft and upgraded...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows updates hello black screen

2. windows 10 windows update blank screen