Windows 10: Black screen on boot before login screen

Discus and support Black screen on boot before login screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442 The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen". I've booted into safe mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by instinct46, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Black screen on boot before login screen

Laptop: ​Gigabyte U2442

The issue is pretty much as stated in the title "​Black screen on boot before login screen".

I've booted into safe mode and changed the startup up to diagnostic boot and it gets further. When in diagnostic mode it actually gets to the login screen, but as soon as I type in my password it gets to the part with a swirling loading thing next to the username and crashes.

I've left the crashed screen as is for a couple of hours, as I noticed online that an update left some people at the login screen for 5 - 10 minutes, this doesn't seem to be the same issue.

A few more notable things:

Originally the laptop had windows 8.1 on, but the upgrade kept failing (it kept crashing on configuration). So I got a Windows 10 Enterprise key and did a fresh install.

This is the second time I've done a fresh install of Windows 10, hoping that just got botched during installation. The first time I rebooted without updating and it crashed, this time around I updated before rebooting.

I have gone to services and placed credential manager to automatic and that also never worked.

Due to safe mode booting and logging in, I can only imagine that it's either a driver or service problem.

:)

instinct46, Aug 11, 2015

2. Long boot start / black screen before login

My problem is not that I cant boot my PC/system. My problem is I have a blank/black screen for 30 seconds before the Windows login screen!

DamianOrłowski, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Long boot start / black screen before login

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated. 

If you are unable to boot the computer to the start screen, follow the steps given below.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the devices connected to the computer except keyboard and mouse and check if you are able to boot to the start screen.

Method 2:

If the computer fails to boot, try performing safe mode and perform clean boot.

Step 1:

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Press and hold the
    shift key while clicking on Restart at the login Screen (Bottom right corner).

[*]Select Troubleshootand click on
    Advanced Options.

[*]Select Startup Settingsand click on
    Restart.

[*]After restarting, choose Enable Safe modewith networking.

If the issue does not persists in Safe Mode, then perform a Clean Boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as Clean Boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

Step 2

Put the computer in Clean Boot and check if it helps.

By setting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a Clean Boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After Clean Boot troubleshooting step, refer to "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with Clean Boot" from the article.

Method 3: You may try to boot from the Windows 10 media and try performing an Automatic repair from Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).

To perform Automatic repair on Windows 10 computer follow these steps:

a) Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart your computer

b) Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.

Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:

c) Click Next and select Repair your computer.

d) You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose. Choose the option
    Troubleshoot
    and select Advanced options.

e) You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option.

You may refer to the below link to download the ISO and create the installation media:

Download Windows 10

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

Black screen on boot before login screen

1. Black screen on boot before login screen - Similar Threads - Black screen boot

2. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  3. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen before login: My pc screen is black before login in ...i have tried all posible ways to fix the black screen ....and i cant boot it in safe mode ...pls help me i have exam pls pls...
  4. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen before login: I was recently doing a system restore after my computer started acting wonky, however, the restore got hung up, so after about 10 hours or so, I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Now when I’m booting up my laptop, i get the Acer splash screen, however, after that I just get a...
  6. Black screen before login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before login: Hi, I have a desktop PC, about 6 years old, running Windows 10. In the last few days, it was coming up with a black screen showing the curser only, randomly, after being used for a short while nothing specifc seemed to trigger it, I was just browsing the Internet or...
  7. Black screen before login

Black screen before login: Build 1903 During computet action: restore point restorin pc registry files message Hard shoutdown preformed! Now computer has black screen after boot! No sign in loaded Harddrivr LED blinking Is there a way to fix!...
  8. Black screen before login screen

Black screen before login screen: Hello everyone. I have recently experienced a problem with Windows 10. Whenever I select Windows 10 (I have dual-boot configuration, the other OS is Ubuntu), it normally boots and I hear the startup sound. I also see the mouse indicator and I can sometimes control it, yet...
  9. Black Screen Before Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Black Screen Before Login: After the update of october 2018 update 1809 my laptop is having a problem of black screen before the sign in page. It takes around 8 to 10 seconds to show the lock screen. I don't know what's the problem. I feel so annoying as this is a brand new laptop with 8gb ram and i5...
  10. Black screen before login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen before login screen: The black screen occurs before login screen. It happens randomly. I have to move the mouse (haven't tried pressing keyboard) and it will show the login screen and windows will continue normally. On my device driver it shows only 1 display adapter that is NVIDIA GTX 970. My...