Windows 10: Black screen on boot every restart

Discus and support Black screen on boot every restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello my friends, I first posted about this here almost 4 months ago. This issue has persisted, and it is driving me up the freaking wall. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Deep0d0, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Black screen on boot every restart

Hello my friends,

I first posted about this here almost 4 months ago.

This issue has persisted, and it is driving me up the freaking wall. I have done countless windows reinstalls and bought new ram, as suggested by a comment from the last thread.

I also bought a new SSD, in hopes that my 660p was toast.

None of these to any avail. Just like last time, after a reboot, it just sits on a black/gray screen with a cursor. It feels like something is being corrupted every restart, and I have no clue what it could be.

It was also suggested there and online that I should try to remove my Nvidia drivers, but safe mode loads to a black screen too.

This computer works fine as soon as I restore it from a system image, or a fresh install, and I will even be able to use the PC, completely fine. But if it restarts, no bueno.

Recently I also noticed it tries to do a Scanning for Disk errors, which on a new fresh install is quite odd. It can't be my new SSD right? Its not even been used for 24 hours yet. Also the checkdisk does nothing.

The only remaining parts of this PC that haven't been replaced is my motherboard, cpu, and gpu.

I've tried just about everything. Anyone got ideas. I'm really done with this computer lol. I'm having to restore from a backup every day. This is not how I imagined my PC Black screen on boot every restart :(

submitted by /u/Deep0d0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Deep0d0, Dec 25, 2020

2. windows not booting, black screen yet safemode works

Hi Andrew,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and check whether you can boot into the computer or not.

Also I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen”
    issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Dec 25, 2020
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 25, 2020
  4. Black screen on boot every restart

Black screen after booting

Hi Darlene,

There are several reasons why this issue occurs, such as a corrupted driver, Internet connection, third-party software, and external hardware or devices. For us to investigate the issue, please clarify the following:

• Can you verify if the issue occurred during the update or after installing the update?
    • Are you able to log in to your computer?

In the meantime, we suggest performing the steps provided on this link to resolve your black screen
    issue. On the "Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors" section, select the error that you're experiencing from the options provided.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Black screen on boot every restart

1. Black screen on boot every restart - Similar Threads - Black screen boot

2. Windows boots with black screen every couple of weeks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows boots with black screen every couple of weeks: Every couple of weeks my Windows will boot with a black screen.The solution is to boot it to safe mode, roll back the graphics display driver and then update it and then boot again and problem solved for a couple of more weeks.I have AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT with the latest...
  3. Windows boots with black screen every couple of weeks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows boots with black screen every couple of weeks: Every couple of weeks my Windows will boot with a black screen.The solution is to boot it to safe mode, roll back the graphics display driver and then update it and then boot again and problem solved for a couple of more weeks.I have AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT with the latest...
  4. Boot loop every restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop every restart: Hi! I have a new ACER aspire 5 A514-54 ultra thin. Every time I restart my laptop it will boot loop saying "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart" it will collect error info then restarts and error again.I was only able to boot to windows if I shutdown/force...
  5. Boot loop every restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot loop every restart: Hi! I have a new ACER aspire 5 A514-54 ultra thin. Every time I restart my laptop it will boot loop saying "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart" it will collect error info then restarts and error again.I was only able to boot to windows if I shutdown/force...
  6. BSoD restarts with black screen and Boot failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD restarts with black screen and Boot failed: Hi Guys,I have been struggling with BSoD WHEA error but now it started restarting to a black screen with no on-screen options/dialog. Last option is to do hard shutdown by pressing power button but there starts another issue.Once I start back by pressing power button, it...
  7. Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen on Restart but normal boot on reset button: This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on a brand new MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX with a brand new Ryzen 5 3600.During Windows install, the computer would restart normally. Now that install is complete, Windows just restarts to a black screen no signal detected and the LED on...
  8. Black Screen every time i boot up/ restart my pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen every time i boot up/ restart my pc: So, i was not having this problem until recently, when i randomly restarted my pc bcoz it was stuck, and then i got a black screen after the dell logo came. I waited about an hour but nothing happened. After pressing shift+the power key, and booting it up and shutting it down...
  9. Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen during installation and every restart: My problem was solved by removing the Logitech Anywhere MX mouse's usb dongle. I went to Logitech's website and downloaded the firmware for my mouse's model and the problem was resolved....
  10. Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot)

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart during boot (black screen before normal boot): Good afternoon, Since couple of days my desktop PC has a problem that does not compromise its use but rather annoying When I press the button to turn it on it immediately restarts showing a black screen and after this reboot it starts booting up windows quickly and without...