Windows 10: Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot)

Discus and support Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm trying to repair Packard Bell laptop with Windows 10 which is not mine (No clue what happened before this problem occurred). So, on boot, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Samer Massad, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot)

I'm trying to repair Packard Bell laptop with Windows 10 which is not mine (No clue what happened before this problem occurred).

So, on boot, the Packard Bell logo and the loading spinner show and then it goes to "Preparing automatic repair" which lasts for 5-10 seconds and then the black screen (without cursor).

I installed the Windows 10 ISO on a external HDD and booted from it. Again, the logo and the spinner showed but for a shorter time and then the black screen appears.

I ensured that the external HDD is the 1st priority in BIOS and also tried to boot directly from it by pressing F12, and I can see that the external HDD works exactly like it's being booted from.

So I am assuming that the video card is having problems showing what is happening after the "Preparing automatic repair" or after booting from the ISO.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.

:)

Samer Massad, Oct 29, 2018
  2. Sasqui Win User

Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

See sys specs... ASUS ROG x38 motherboard, flashed to x48 Rampage.

In BIOS under "Boot Device Priority", I select and of the 3 boot device slots, and no where do I find an option for USB, these are the only options in each:

• 1st floopy drive
    • HDD: P0-WDC WD2500KS
    • ATAPI CD-ROM
    • Disabled
    Is there a place in the BIOS to enable boot from USB?

It's AMI, says v02.61 on the BIOS screen

Sasqui, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    Booting from USB on x38 Motherboard, NOT?

Typically the USB should be listed under the hard drive boot order. Set your "Boot Device Priority" to HDD first, then set the hard drive boot order to the USB stick first.

Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot) bios_asus-jpg.jpg

Lazzer408, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot)

Boot from external USB HDD

Hello!

Any laptop should be able to Be booted from an external HDD.

You can check this back accessing your BIOS and then checking if the BIOS gives you an option to boot from USB.

If that option is listed, then you're good to go!

Zackary Vanosdol, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot)

1. Black Screen on boot (HDD and USB boot) - Similar Threads - Black Screen boot

2. booting to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    booting to black screen: Hi everyone.minor issue to be honest but its getting tedious so im hoping some can shed some light.any time i boot my lptop up, it loads to a black screen. the only temporary fix ive found is to hard power down nd reboot, everything else works fine once its loaded but its...
  3. booting to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    booting to black screen: Hi everyone.minor issue to be honest but its getting tedious so im hoping some can shed some light.any time i boot my lptop up, it loads to a black screen. the only temporary fix ive found is to hard power down nd reboot, everything else works fine once its loaded but its...
  4. Booting with USB gives black screen UEFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting with USB gives black screen UEFI: Hi, I´ve been trying to install WIndows 11 for 5 hours and this is my last hope. The problem appears when I try to use a usb to run the Windows installation, it just gives me a black screen and restarts forever in a loop except in a case I´ll cover later. While my installed...
  5. Booting with USB gives black screen UEFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting with USB gives black screen UEFI: Hi, I´ve been trying to install WIndows 11 for 5 hours and this is my last hope. The problem appears when I try to use a usb to run the Windows installation, it just gives me a black screen and restarts forever in a loop except in a case I´ll cover later. While my installed...
  6. Windows 10 USB boots to black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 USB boots to black screen: Recently I've put together my own computer and I've been trying to install Windows 10, only to have it boot to a black screen and stay there. I've gone into the BIOS and made sure it would boot from the USB. Is there a fix for this or did I pay $99 bucks for a dead on arrival...
  7. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  9. Black Screen from usb boot

Black Screen from usb boot: I have been trying to boot from usb to upgrade windows 10. The screen shows a blinking cursor , then the windows logo and restarts, it even crashes completely sometimes , and I couldn't get to install no updates through the media creation tool directly , and unfortunately I...
  10. Black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen on boot: When I try to boot up my pc, it goes straight to a black screen, no display whatsoever. I've tried restarting it 3 times in a row. The closest I've got was mashing F12 which gave me a few beeps then nothing. What else can I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb hdd black screen