Windows 10: Black Screen On Bootup But Fine After A Manual Restart

Discus and support Black Screen On Bootup But Fine After A Manual Restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone. I'm looking for someone who might have any tips on what I might do about a black screen that I get on my startup? I only ever get this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamRyan5, Mar 24, 2020.

1. AdamRyan5 Win User

Black Screen On Bootup But Fine After A Manual Restart

Hi everyone. I'm looking for someone who might have any tips on what I might do about a black screen that I get on my startup? I only ever get this black screen in the morning or after many hours of the computer having been shut off with no indication of problems when the computer shut down. I turn the computer on, and the monitor registers this by booting to a lighter shade of black, but then nothing else happens. I then manually turn the computer off by holding the power button for a few seconds. When I turn the computer back on after this it boots normally. The computer is slower than usual though. I then restart or shut off the computer from there, and it starts up again without a problem and the computer is fast as usual. This black screen only ever happens after many hours of my computer being off, and it always starts up again without a problem after I manually shut it off. Can anyone help me out here> Everything I'm finding online is about black screen of death, and I don't think this is that. My updates are up to date.

Here are my specs:

ALIENWARE AURORA 7

Device Name: Desktop-MQ7OS41

Processor: Intel R CoreTM i7-8700 CPU @3.20GHz 3.19GHz

Installed RAM: 16 GB

Device ID: BACBD9BD-01C3-4D2F-B9A5-38D26457EC60

Product ID: 00325 80000 00000 AAOEM

System Type: 64 bit operating system x64 based processor

Windows Specification:

Edition: Windows 10 Home

Version: 1909

OS build: 18363.720

Any help that might be offered would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

:)

AdamRyan5, Mar 24, 2020

2. W10 Black Screen Before Bootup

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with black screen issues on your device.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

I understand that you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. I suggest you to try the few other steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 started fine then the screen went black

Hello,

Please try the below steps to troubleshoot black screen error issue.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and follow the suggestions provided by Sharath Srinivasa and see if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

The issue you are facing with USB ports, kindly try the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.
    • Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.
    • Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.
    • Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.
    If the above steps doesn't help try the below method.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall USB controllers
    and check. Please follow these steps:

a. Press Windows + R keys, type devmgmt.msc
    in run window and press Enter.

b. In device manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

c. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click
    uninstall.

d. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.

All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

I hope this information helps.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Black Screen On Bootup But Fine After A Manual Restart - Similar Threads - Black Screen Bootup

2. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Black Screens on Bootup: My computer black screens when I boot it up and never reaches the log in screen or loads windows. I've tried using commands with the keys on my keyboard, but no keys actually bring up anything on my screen to actually make a change. My cursor doesn't show up on the screen...
  3. Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart: When I first turn the laptop on, it comes up to the login screen but then just blacks out for fractions of seconds up to minutes. I can sometimes get the screen to come on by moving the cursor but as soon as the cursor touches the login box, screen goes black again. It's...
  4. Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intermittent Black Screen on Bootup Corrected by Restart: When I first turn the laptop on, it comes up to the login screen but then just blacks out for fractions of seconds up to minutes. I can sometimes get the screen to come on by moving the cursor but as soon as the cursor touches the login box, screen goes black again. It's...
  5. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  6. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  7. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Black screen after bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after bootup: After some recent windows update, I'm having some trouble with the black screen after I enter my windows password. The keyboard and mouse are still lighting up but the monitor has gone black. I connect my monitor to a Nvidia GPU display port. Sometimes I have to manually hold...
  9. Help with black screen at bootup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with black screen at bootup?: Powered my laptop on, only to find myself stuck at the loading bootup screen. Powered on/off until the Preparing Automatic Repair text appears under the loading circle, except it just cuts to a black screen with my cursor and winpeshl.exe Pried open my laptop and poked...
  10. Black screen with characters on bootup after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen with characters on bootup after update: I updated my PC last night, it wasnt a big update or anything and i tried booting it up this morning. It was taking forever to boot so I had the bright idea of restarting it via the power button *Sad. Now its stuck on a black screen after the Acer splash. I don't have any...