Windows 10: black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable

Discus and support black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; So every time I boot my computer, my monitor doesn't recognize that there's any signal coming from the computer and immediately goes into the "low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Shananigans, Oct 29, 2018.

1. black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable

So every time I boot my computer, my monitor doesn't recognize that there's any signal coming from the computer and immediately goes into the "low power" / power saving mode. This is "fixed" by unplugging and plugging back in my HDMI cable from my graphics card, meaning the screen wakes up and I can see my desktop after I plug the cable back in. I have no idea what's causing this, but I'd really like to fix it for real.

-I do not have onboard graphics on my CPU.
    -I recently had a "preparing automatic repair" loop issue that was only solved by doing a windows 10 reset, not a full reinstall of the OS. this is when the black screen on boot issue started and it continues to happen after the reset.
    -I am running the currently most up to date graphics driver, nvidia 416.34
    -I have disabled "fast boot" both in my bios and in windows power options.

:)

Shananigans, Oct 29, 2018
  2. AllanP Win User

Unplugging HDMI cable worked for me

From what I've been reading on this W10 upgrade issue; very few have more than one monitor and most problems seem to be on laptops (mine is)
    Considering the amount of complaints with no hard and fast solution that I can see; is it possible for Microsoft to step up to the plate on this issue; I mean these aren't isolated problems by the amount of posts on this forum and thread.

AllanP, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Unplugging HDMI cable worked for me

Thanks for the clue! My Sony VAIO laptop with Windows 7 was in the Windows 10 install process and eventually ended with a black screen and a cursor. But like you I had another monitor attached to it. After reading your message I simply unplugged the HDMI cable and the "Upgrading Windows" screen immediately appeared - meaning it was busy all along I just couldn't see it. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on!

Symphonitron, Oct 29, 2018
  4. black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable

Wireless USB Adapter has to be unplugged and replugged

Every now and then my wireless USB adapter has to be unplugged and replugged because for some reason its performance just gets worse and worse with time. I'll plug it in and get full internet speed 18Mbps down with full bars and then slowly it just drops to 48, 32, 11... with like 2 bars.

Once I unplug and replug, bam full speed again.

Am I doomed to just doing this or is their a fix? Google provided little input.

Linksys AE2500

AphexDreamer, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable

1. black screen on bootup, fixed by unplug and replug HDMI cable - Similar Threads - black screen bootup

2. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  3. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable: I have an Asus Rog Strix G513 2022. I downgraded to Windows 10, AMD ryzen 4800, also with a graphic card NVIDIA GEforce 3050.After i have reformat my computer, my laptop screen will be blank when i turned on the laptop.The screen will only have display if i connect it with a...
  4. Laptop screen black out if i unplug HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  6. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  7. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Unplug and replugging laptop ssd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unplug and replugging laptop ssd: hi, i wanna replug my ssd on my lenovo laptop, is it safe to do so? if i disconnect my ssd, then replug it, will it boot? take note that the only boot source is my ssd, as my hdd is clean. thank you....
  9. Pc Display Becomes only static, and having to unplug and replug in HDMI cord to fix

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc Display Becomes only static, and having to unplug and replug in HDMI cord to fix: I've had my Rx 480 8GB for a little over a year now but recently the I've been having issues with the display. It randomly becomes purely static and unplugging the HDMI cord and plugging it back in seems to work. All drivers are up to date. Any help is much appreciated!...
  10. Unplugged power cable black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unplugged power cable black screen: Okay so I was playing then I unplugged my power cable. It then showed a thing that was updating or something it was at 2/3 but it was stuck on the 2 for ages so I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Then there was just a black screen with my cursor. I could move it but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. black screen replug

2. windows 10 black screen until replug hdmi

3. Must replug HDMI every boot to activate Rift

4. nvidia driver hdmi unplug replug