Windows 10: Black screen on bootup

Discus and support Black screen on bootup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SteveC_47, Dec 1, 2021.

1. SteveC_47 Win User

Black screen on bootup

Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it. Maybe it’s not the display itself – video card or RAM? No idea. Let me know if I you need more info or want me to try anything.

:)

SteveC_47, Dec 1, 2021

2. W10 Black Screen Before Bootup

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with black screen issues on your device.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your laptop?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

I understand that you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. I suggest you to try the few other steps mentioned in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 1, 2021
  3. W10 Black Screen Before Bootup

Hi Ray,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with black screen issue on Windows 10.

The issue could occur if display adapter driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Is the black screen issue occurring when you logged in to the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to keep your computer connected to the internet while running the online DISM command as suggested by
    Mayank Gupta10 in the previous post.

Also I recommend you to try to install the latest version of display driver from the website of computer's manufacturer and check if it helps.

Acer Group

Please get back to us with an update on black screen issue with Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 1, 2021
  4. Black screen on bootup

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Black screen on bootup

1. Black screen on bootup - Similar Threads - Black screen bootup

2. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Black Screens on Bootup: My computer black screens when I boot it up and never reaches the log in screen or loads windows. I've tried using commands with the keys on my keyboard, but no keys actually bring up anything on my screen to actually make a change. My cursor doesn't show up on the screen...
  3. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Black Screens on Bootup: My computer black screens when I boot it up and never reaches the log in screen or loads windows. I've tried using commands with the keys on my keyboard, but no keys actually bring up anything on my screen to actually make a change. My cursor doesn't show up on the screen...
  4. Computer Black Screens on Bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  6. Black screen on bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen on bootup: Hi, I get a black screen. On start up, it looks like my laptop is booting normally, then the display goes black. The drive light and fan keep running. It’s happened a couple of times in the last month and both times, it’s come back on after turning it off and restarting it....
  7. Black screen after bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after bootup: After some recent windows update, I'm having some trouble with the black screen after I enter my windows password. The keyboard and mouse are still lighting up but the monitor has gone black. I connect my monitor to a Nvidia GPU display port. Sometimes I have to manually hold...
  8. Help with black screen at bootup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with black screen at bootup?: Powered my laptop on, only to find myself stuck at the loading bootup screen. Powered on/off until the Preparing Automatic Repair text appears under the loading circle, except it just cuts to a black screen with my cursor and winpeshl.exe Pried open my laptop and poked...
  9. Black screen and WAIT during bootup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen and WAIT during bootup: For two years I have had three hard drives installed. One small one went bad and at bootup I would get that information with "Press F1 to resume" which I would do and then windows would load. I upgraded to windows 10 from 7 three weeks ago, same message, and no problem, as it...
  10. black screen during bootup

in Windows 10 Support
    black screen during bootup: During boot up I get a black screen for about 1 min then the login for my account. I notice a lot of hard drive activity during the black screen. I'm using amd-catalyst-15.10beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-oct12.exe (latest one). Win 10 works fine except for the black screen....