Windows 10: black screen on built in microsoft pc camera

Discus and support black screen on built in microsoft pc camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi my camera is working got light indicating it is on and says is connected but screen only show black screen only. only happen after recent microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hl saik, Oct 4, 2020.

1. hl saik Win User

black screen on built in microsoft pc camera

hi my camera is working got light indicating it is on and says is connected but screen only show black screen only. only happen after recent microsoft update. any way to change the default pc camera? try alot methods as found in previous post like uninstall and installback/ update drivers etc....all can't work..

can't microsoft reply on this as i see alot ppl having same problem on this.?

:)

hl saik, Oct 4, 2020

2. BLACK SCREEN CAMERA

Hi everyone,

I have a laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE P755-S5320 with camera integrated.

when I open the camera application to take a picture, it shows a black screen with an error message, as on the picture attached.

I tried some research that sent me to the DEVICE MANAGE. But in the there the webcam device is not even present.

I tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

If your camera isn't found in Device Manager, first try using the camera with a different port on your device. If that doesn't work, try these steps:

1. In Device Manager, on the Action  menu, select  Scan for hardware changes. Wait for it to scan and reinstall updated drivers, restart your computer, and then try opening the Camera app again.
    1. If your webcam still doesn’t work, visit the webcam manufacturer’s website.
    I also tried the bellow steps unsuccessfully

1. Select Start > File Explorer.
    2. In File Explorer, select This PC, and then select your OS disk, usually called OSDisk (Cblack screen on built in microsoft pc camera :).
    3. Under Home, select New folder, and then type Camera Roll as the name of the new folder.
    4. Press and hold (or right-click) the Camera Roll folder you just created, and then select Include in library > Camera Roll.
    5. Try taking a picture. If you see the same error message, try the next solution.
    Could please someone help me?

Thanks.

It also doesn't work in applications or websites that require access to the camera. It still doesn't work even though, when turned on, my computer shows the message "Fotocamera attivata", which in Italian
    means "Camera activated". I have an Acer Swift 3 that i bought in December 2019. Could please someone help me?

Roussel Folas, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Built in camera

Hi Roy,

The issue you are experiencing with the built-in camera on your device might be caused by the update you installed. However, for us to fully identify the cause of this issue, we would be gathering additional information. Kindly answer the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you are getting? Make sure that you remove all personal information.
    • Have you tried updating the driver of the built-in camera?
    • What is the current version and build number of your computer? To get the information, kindly follow the steps below:
      • Click on the Start menu.
      • Type winver.
      • Press Enter.

Charianne Per, Oct 4, 2020
  4. black screen on built in microsoft pc camera

Built-in camera shows a black screen on any app

Hi,

To properly isolate the problem, we would like to gather more details about why your camera suddenly stopped working.

• Have you made any changes or performed any updates on your computer recently?
    • Are you tried using any external software or app to access your web camera?
    • Have you made any changes to the camera settings?

We suggest that you update its drivers through Windows update. To check for updates, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo, then select Settings.
    • Click Update & Security > Windows Update.
    • Click Search for updates and install all updates.

Make sure to view the Optional updates to see if there are any hardware updates for your webcam.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

black screen on built in microsoft pc camera

1. black screen on built in microsoft pc camera - Similar Threads - black screen built

2. my built-in camera in not working - totally black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my built-in camera in not working - totally black: I can not get my camera to work - every app says its working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-camera-in-not-working-totally-black/a00290b3-126c-4ab8-af2c-10008f17701b
  3. my built-in camera in not working - totally black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my built-in camera in not working - totally black: I can not get my camera to work - every app says its working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-built-in-camera-in-not-working-totally-black/a00290b3-126c-4ab8-af2c-10008f17701b
  4. my built-in camera in not working - totally black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. camera screen black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera screen black: my camera does not appear when i open the app, the screen appears black and if i use a app that requires camera it does the same thing as well. If anyone knows plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-screen-black/296eb911-6bb1-4e01-9dc5-dbf5cd391429
  6. camera screen black

camera screen black: my camera does not appear when i open the app, the screen appears black and if i use a app that requires camera it does the same thing as well. If anyone knows plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-screen-black/296eb911-6bb1-4e01-9dc5-dbf5cd391429
  7. Camera screen black

Camera screen black: Suddenly today when I try to use my integral camera on my Dell PC it is just showing a black screen. The light comes on for the camera and the app opens - the computer thinks it is working normally, it will even take a picture of blackness. I installed software for a slide...
  8. Freshly built PC black screen no windows boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freshly built PC black screen no windows boot: I just freshly built a computer and was updating the drivers and systems. Went to restart my computer and now it won't display anything on the screen. It won't boot windows it won't even display a single thing on the screen, ive check the wire and change them out and still...
  9. BLACK SCREEN CAMERA

BLACK SCREEN CAMERA: Hi everyone, I have a laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE P755-S5320 with camera integrated. when I open the camera application to take a picture, it shows a black screen with an error message, as on the picture attached. I tried some research that sent me to the DEVICE MANAGE. But...
  10. Black screen camera

Black screen camera: Hi, when I open the camera application, it shows a black screen. It also doesn't work in applications or websites that require access to the camera. It still doesn't work even though, when turned on, my computer shows the message "Fotocamera attivata", which in Italian means...